Options

Sanitation of TAB 320, how do you keep from getting the Clorox solution into the Alde boiler

When putting the Clorox solution into the fresh water tank to sanitize it and also run through the cold/hot lines, how do you keep it (Clorox) out of the boiler. I have a 2015TAB 320 S that I have sold and want to sanitize it for the new owner, he is a newbie so thought would help! The info I have in the manuals is a little vague and I cannot find the manuals that I have.

can anyone help! 

Thanks

jetman

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,698
    The diluted bleach solution won't automatically destroy the Alde tank, but it is generally recognized as a good practice to prevent that from happening.  Many owners have done it, and lived to tell the tale.
    There were many changes to the trailers during the 2015 period, especially in the Alde compartment. We would need to figure out if your trailer has the "bypass valve" installed.  Look over this thread, which is supposed to be about a 2016. Take a look at the third photo, the one under the Alde manual control.  This setup has the "bypass" valve. It is almost in the middle of the photo, and if you look closely, you can see the pipe is red on one side and blue on the other.

This thread (with many confusing photos, sorry) has pictures of 2014 models, which do not appear to have a bypass valve.  It is still easy to "shut off" the Alde to prevent the bleach solution from reaching the tank.  What would really help is a photo of your Alde compartment that shows "all" of the valves down there. Once we see what is down there, we should be able to figure it out.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    JetmanJetman Member Posts: 45
    pthomas, my piping has none of the 2 type of valves that you show. I continued to read the links attached and found a winterizing article that Michigan_Mike had posted that was sent to him by Ed Kaufman. It showed my piping system and normal camping g position of inline valves and a winterization position.

i am good now and was almost right in my thoughts as to the position of the valves.

Thanks
  • Options
    JetmanJetman Member Posts: 45
    Oh yes post was from 2014
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,698
    Good!  Glad it worked out!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi