Options

Screw Cover Color Change

2022 TAB 400 - the off color screw covers on the wall over the sink are a distraction.  Anyone find a self adhesive material to place on these covers so they blend in?  Thanks.
2023 TAB 400 with modifications in process.

Comments

• Options
    TabmanicTabmanic Member Posts: 36
    I agree the cover color is just wrong, so I'm going paint them with a paint for plastic like Krylon or that type of plastic paint, there is plenty of colors that match the wood much better. I think Nucamp could have got a lot closer color with these covers. The covers pop right off so easy to paint.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Most likely a supply chain issue. Contact nuCamp and see if there's a part number for them and then track down the correct color if nuCamp can't supply them.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    This is an interesting thread.
    As the 400 is on my 'possible' next trailer list but has not been #1 for two reasons.

1st;  Television placement, I'm not a in-bed TVis watcher
             and the TVis location does not seem 'comfortable' for watching from the dinette.

2nd;  Those super ugly screw pocket covers!
              nüCamp should have done better!
              Having to start a new trailer ownership with hiding/replacing/covering those ugly covers
                 just does not feel right - - - more so considering the 400 price range

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 272
    1. Ditch the television set. Lightens the trailer and frees up shelf space.

2. The screw covers are not going to stay in place. After one falls off a couple of times I toss it. Easier to get at the screw to tighten it and the uncovered look doesn’t bother me.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I so agree with MuttonChops - those screw covers are a real turn-off.  VERY tacky.  I would never buy a trailer with them.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    TabmanicTabmanic Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2023
    I got tried of looking at these covers so I just painted them, it's pretty easy and only costs about 6 bucks. The color isn't a perfect match but close enough. The paint is Ivory Silk in satin, I just cut some slits in some cardboard and lift them sticking up so I could paint the edges easily with 2 light coats and let dry over night.

• Options
    DM159DM159 Member Posts: 44
    Thank you.  This is just what I was hoping for.
    2023 TAB 400 with modifications in process.

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    I’m fine with the color. Just wish they drilled the holes so the screws are perpendicular to the surface they’re being attached to. This causes those screw covers to be all sorts of angles but 90 degrees to the adjacent surface. That looks worse than the color.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    I love the "coverless" pocket screws they used in my 2015 320 T@b!  =)
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4