Options

Hope you can be there - Texas Hill Country - Inks Lake State Park

PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/inks-lake

We are planning to camp there during the 9/22/15 week.  Hope you all can be there.
2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston

Comments

• Options
    As suggested, maybe we can talk to park in advance to get adjacent sites for LGers, and organize group activities.  Please post your planning stay dates.
  • Options
    Cat_913Cat_913 Member Posts: 56
    I would Really like to go but I can't go during the week as I have to work.
  • Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    Same here. During the week does not work well for me, but unfortunately, it is really hard to book camp sites at Inks Like SP on weekends. Especially for group of people, you will have to book months before you plan to go...
  • Options
    AllisonAllison Member Posts: 8
    Count me in. Any info on requesting a site.
  • Options
    Hi Allison - website is
    http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/inks-lake

We talked to the office was told during the week is not as difficult vs weekend  to get reservations.  We plan to purchase the $70 one year pass and will book next week to arrive 9/22 for 2-3 nights.
  • Options
    propuspropus Member Posts: 54
    Looks like I can arrive 9-22 and stay a couple nights
  • Options
    Great.  Look forward to meeting you - propus and Allison.
    We plan to arrive 9/22 morning.  Our is TAB S Sofitel w Silver color and black Suburban.
  • Options
    Went to TX State Parks to reserve a site. The choices seem to be:
    North Loop 
    West Loop 1,2, or 3
    Central 
     Loop 1,2, or 3
    Far West
     Loop 1,2,3,or 4
    These don't seem to correspond to the map where the sites, not the loops are numbered.
    Have you been there before? Do you have something in mind?

• Options
    propus said:
    Went to TX State Parks to reserve a site. The choices seem to be:
    North Loop 
    West Loop 1,2, or 3
    Central  Loop 1,2, or 3
    Far West Loop 1,2,3,or 4
    These don't seem to correspond to the map where the sites, not the loops are numbered.
    Have you been there before? Do you have something in mind?

Hi props - we went to the park yesterday 9/1 for a day trip to check it out, and talked to the office and rangers.  My findings and plan:

1.  We purchased 1 year pass $70 (great deal as we plan to visit more state parks, see its website )

2.  Cannot reserve location as it is first come basis.  As we live 1 hour away, we plan to arrive 9/22 around 8:30 am and will tell office to share our site #.

3 It is a big and beautiful park with lake activities and nice hiking trails.  Our thoughts were a lake side with electric and water .  There are some sites with E/W/S but not on lake.  After our day visit yesterday we believe location won't matter much as most have trees and shades, and close to lake.  We may want to get site with E/W/S as we are new to camping and not sure we can handle dump station if people are waiting.   And the facilities are very nice and clean.  Much better than the private one at Galveston which we paid twice as much.

4 For sure hope we LGers can get together for camp fire and wine and share our LG stories.

5 Office said weekend are full unless book long ahead.  Weekdays are not as busy but check the Web for reminding sites available.   Yesterday showed 93.  Key is to arrive early for best selection.   As stated we believe most are very nice sites.
     ( for unknown reason cannot post
  • Options
    at inks Lake Devil's Water Hole
  • Options
    AllisonAllison Member Posts: 8
    I made my reservation a couple of weeks ago. I'd also like the E/W/S if possible, but more importantly want to meet  other Texas Tabbers. I'll be there Monday through Friday. Post your vote on site preferences. It'll be me and Jake (the adorable chihuahua)
  • Options
    OK. Booked an electric/water trailer site arriving 22nd through 24th
    See you there.
  • Options
    Hi Allison, propus, and all plan to join - Great.  As we all are small trailers and carrying stuff is limited, maybe we each can bring our own bbq and vegies, grill, stove, etc.  I'll have one Red and one White to share and celebrate under the moon with campfire and music (now imagining ...)

We are new retirees and new to RV+camping.  Know very little but lots of enthusiam and want to learn, and love to meet new friends, esp, with common cause as LG owners.

Suggest to set a time and place when getting close to 9/22.  Your thoughts?

• Options
    see you there!
  • Options
    I'm in Fredericksburg tonight. Heading to Inks lake tomorrow. See you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Playc is in 87
    Propus. 210
    I think Allison is 238??