Options

2023 Tab 400 Door Stop Fail

clarkab3clarkab3 Member Posts: 4
First time out with the 2023 400 and the little door stop on the bottom outside of the door pulled right out. It’s held with two wood screws screwed into the thin Ardel and foam. Were they thinking this would actually hold? Minor thing, but now needs a new solution.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    That stinks!  Our 400 is 3 years old now and has the same door catch which is still going strong.  I wonder if it was just not installed correctly or they've changed the way they are installed.  I always assumed there was a backing plate behind that for the screws to bite into.  Definitely contact NuCamp and send them that picture.   
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited April 2023
    Most likely the screws were over torqued and stripped when installed at the factory. The Azul isn't that great to use wood screws in. I'd replace it with bolts and lock nuts. That will require the inside panel to be pulled off. The doors on these are my least favorite part. The alternate is to fill the holes with epoxy and re drill to use the wood screws again. That way you won't have to pull the door apart.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 616
    Also maybe lubricate the stop with a little grease so it doesn't pull so hard on the screws.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    clarkab3clarkab3 Member Posts: 4
    The grease may defeat the purpose. I may just rig a bungee cord solution. Thanks all