Options

2022 Tab 400 Sagging Ceiling

The ceiling liner in our 2022 Tab 400 is pulling away near the ceiling fan as shown in the photo. Has anyone else had experience with this? According to our dealer, the only solution is to add staples to the area that is bowing. The trailer is still under warranty.

Comments

• Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    That's quite an imaginative solution by your dealer, you should contact NuCamp directly.

It looks like the fan edge is also bowing down.  Could there be water in there pulling it down, maybe a leak at the fan.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @DMS X2 what @kottum said. Contact nüCamp. Include the info about your dealer's solution to the problem (NOT)! We're sure that won't be solution or process resolution to your ceiling by them (nüCamp).
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Ironmikey72Ironmikey72 Member Posts: 4
    I am having the same issue with our T@B400 of the same model year.  Though not as severe.  There is no sign of water intrusion, it just feels like the adhesive they used to secure it to the Aluminum struts was insufficient.  I have also had the toe board veneer under the sink come completely off the rounded wood surface from a lack of adhesive material.  
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 356
    I'm curious. Does the outside sag in the same place of is this only the inside covering? It looks like it's attached to the cross members both fore and aft.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    Ironmikey72Ironmikey72 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, on the roof, where the vent was cut in, there is a depression in the aluminum roof panel.  However, inside you can push up on the interior ceiling and get 1-2" of travel before it touches the frame member in the roof.  It is more pronounced in colder weather.
  • Options
    DMSDMS Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the advice @Kottum and @dragonsdofly to reach out to NuCamp directly. We are first time rv owners and so this is all new to us. My husband recently retired and the trailer was a bit of a splurge for our new adventures. We chose the TAB because of its styling and NuCamp’s reputation for quality and customer service. The idea of now putting staples in to hold the ceiling up, when we have only had it a few months, is distressing. We did reach out to NuCamp and they are in communication with our dealer. We hope that NuCamp can provide a better solution - something that actually restores things to factory specifications. 

@Ironmikey72, I am sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. Did you find a solution? Our ceiling bulge doesn’t move and there is resistance if you try to push on it. We also have not noticed anything on the outside roof panel.