Options

LG 5 Wide Sighting

WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
edited November 2014 in Camping & Travel

I was camping last weekend and I spotted a Little Guy 5 wide in the campground with the side tent attached.  Of course I had to stroll by enough times until I could find him "home."  I stopped and chatted with him for a little while.  He is from Janesville, Wisconsin.  So I got to take a peek at the inside of the 5 Wide. While it is cozy and quite compact, I still am VERY happy with my 2014 T@B S M@xx.  We exchanged stories about our rigs, and I asked if he knew about the LG Forums.  He said he is a member and "lurks" a lot but has not posted anything.  I had a lot of gawkers and talkers who wanted tours of my ClemenT@B.  People are always impressed at how many amenities she has, and yet she is so small.

There was a storm coming in last night, and the LG guy was taking down his side tent because of the weather.  I just thought to myself, "I don't have to do take down anything because I have a T@B and I don't care if it rains."  Movie and popcorn anyone?  

:-h
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    The part about people being surprised at what is inside makes me laugh. As we were packing up this morning, a guy just had to come by for a look. He was floored at what was inside. The funny part was all the verbal "pats on the head" from larger RV types who walked past, and figured we must be deprived. Depraved, maybe... but not deprived!

I do like the LG teardrops, though... not enough to replace the T@b (which fits our current needs), but I could see getting one in addition. I do understand why people have them...there are times I think I wouldn't mind the more minimal impact, tow wise... but once unhooked, yes indeed... we're loving the T@b.

Three cheers for LG for making so many cool products!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I can get my 5x10 Silver Shadow into my garage and can also pull into any campground and don't have to set anything up.....  Don't you T@B'ers also have screen rooms that can be attached to the trailer?   smilie

These are actually pretty cool looking.....  smilie   smilie

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    This was not available for the clamshell when we bought our T@B. We do not have a lower kedar rail to attach the bottom part of the tent/shade. 
    This is a great idea for the T@B. This is more bang for your buck than the PahaQue canopy. 
    Although, we enjoyed the PahaQue once we got it up. This is at Three Mile Island Crossing in Idaho. Very nice campground. Green grass, trees, nice comfort station. Space to roam around. We are with our children who live in Boise. 
    Their tent is just out of site. 
    Who knows how to play Phase Ten card game? We are now experts!!!
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Belva, I also have the 10x10 PahaQue Canopy!  Alas, not every site has the capability of the add-on screen tent or PahaQue awning.  It's sort of like the "shoe" quandary; you need a different pair of shoes for every outfit. I can't wait to get a bigger TV to haul all my "outfits."  :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)