Options

NEED HELP! Tips for packing 12V 4.6 cu ft fridge in T@B 400

LorraineMLorraineM Member Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in Tips & Tricks
Hi all - We upgraded last summer to a 2022 T@B 400 with a 4.6 cu ft. 12V fridge. We love the extra space the fridge has over our 320. There are only tow of us so I am struggling to pack the fridge in a way so that things do not slide around or the shelves don't bend from the weight. Any suggestions? Pictures would be great too!

Traveling with Josh in the T@Bacus
2022 T@B 400 Boondock

Comments

• Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 111
    @LorraineM try using some plastic bins to hold all the little things (Dollar store or look near the Ziplock bags at the store are where we've found cheap ones). If you're packing for a road trip, remember that grocery stores are everywhere. No need to load the shelves to the breaking point.
    Enjoy your trip!
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    @RTWCTS Thanks for the tips. I have used some plastic bins but I think I likley need ones that are less heavy. In our 320 we usually had the thing totally full so nothing moved around but this fridge is so much larger :-) Thanks again! 

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 111
    @LorraineM We are in the same boat, adjusting to all the space after life with a 320. Looking at our ‘freshly loaded’ fridge I realized my spouse didn’t use all the shelves so that things were packed tight and wouldn’t shift as we bounce down the trail. After we arrive the plan is to sort things out to be useable in camp (didn’t know it was that well thought out- hahaha)
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    @RTWCTS Yes! I totally understand. We don't use all the shelves either and I find myself using the door and the drawer the most because things seem pretty secure in those places. We then adjust once we are there. Our big trips are often to places where there isn't a super close grocery store but we can always stock up on the way :-)

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Another fan of bins here, too! I still have my 2017 320S and love my bin method. I fill each ahead of time and on travel day I move them from the house fridge to Bug. Come home and reverse the process. I also find bins useful when something leaks. Cleaning out a bin is easier than cleaning the entire fridge. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart Thanks. Do you have a suggested brand of bins? I have been trying bins but they still seem to be moving around and/or are too heavy.

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    No, I have an assortment of four odds and ends  that I had in the kitchen. Do measure the depth and height of your shelf space as for me, many totes are too long and the door won’t shut. As for moving around you could place towels around and underneath to keep them from slipping, or slide in empty totes for filler. I don’t have any slipping issues. You’ll get it figured out! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    I use the same two clear plastic, straight sided containers I used in the 320, maybe MDesign? Or from the Container Store. I put museum/earthquake putty at the corner edge of the shelves, squished around them against the side of the fridge to help keep the shelves from sliding. I also use refrigerator tension rods to hold all the stuff on each shelf while in transit. I love this bigger fridge and having a freezer!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 354
    You should be able to use the light nylon and wire baskets for closet storage at Target or the Container Store, the latter being more expensive. I think IKEA has light weight fabric containers too.

Don't think refrigerator. Think small and light closet or desk storage.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    @dsfdogs Thanks so much for the ideas. We also love the extra space and the freezer. We are headed out for a short weekend trip so the fridge is not overly packed. We'll see how it goes. I'll definitely look into using some of your ideas!

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    @Mickerly I will totally look for some cloawt or desk storage items like you suggest. Thanks for the ideas!

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    krsmeskrsmes Member Posts: 83
    "No matter how full the fridge is there's always room for one more thing":
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca8jAMHj60X/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

I don't know how my wife does it but it is magic -- we did add the egg carton/holder hack/mod to the door seen in the video which freed up a lot of space.
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 354
    We have the Norcold 12v refrigerator in our 320CS. It came with one door shelf. You can buy more. We remove the shelf from the refrigerator body and use more shelves in the door. It allows us to fit more stuff in the space.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"