Options

A DIY Small Outdoor Lagun Table

georgianwindsgeorgianwinds Member Posts: 41
edited May 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades

The Lagun table that came with our 2019 320 CS was too big and too heavy and, since we travel and camp with the bed down, I removed it. Seeing that there was an outdoor bracket, I decided to build a smaller table top and make use of only the Lagun post part. The original table top and its hardware remain stored and available should I decide to sell the camper with table intact. For the new table, no mods to the table post required, nothing. The trick ... turn the post upside down.

The instructions are pretty well self explanatory. The table surface is made from a 16” length of live edge walnut. The ‘diy mount’ is screwed to the underside of the table. This new mount consists of a small angle bracket bolted to a cover plate for an electrical box. The mount slides into the post and is locked in place by the lagun handle once it is slid into the exterior bracket. Locking the handle locks both the post and the mount. Note: the post is upside down. There is very little weight applied to the table, no arms and elbows or heavy cookware. As a small outdoor table for drinks and snacks, this solution is plenty secure, albeit a bit wobbly. The table surface can be quickly removed and allows for a simple two piece system that can be disassembled and slid under the bed when not in use.

If you want to build it, you will need a short angle bracket, 3” x 3/4” and a circular electrical cover plate. As you can see, I needed to drill a few holes in the cover plate. The bracket half that slides into the tube will need to to beveled on both sides at roughly 45 degrees using a file or bench grinder. The live edge piece was cut from a 6’ board that I had on hand. The bark was removed and the board was sanded a hundred times. Any random length of wood would work just as well. Finished with 3 coats of exterior spar varnish.

Pictures follow. This was my least expensive add-on to date. Total cost, not including wood, the 3 screws and varnish, approximately $5.

Camper - 2019 T@B 320 CS, TV - 2021 GMC Canyon Diesel
Scott & the S.S. PorT@Bella

My Teardrop Mods  https://georgianwinds.wixsite.com/teardropmods 

Comments