Options

NuCamp needs a T@B XL BOONDOCK

I would love to see Nucamp make a T@B XL for us taller T@B lovers.  My ideal T@B would be an XL version of the CSS. A bigger sleeping area, outdoor cooking with fridge or powered cooler similar that of the T@G.  Make it a Boondock and I would be the 1st to purchase.  This needs to happen. They could redesign the 400 series. email me NuCamp when you start this and I will give you give you some money!  Does anyone else want this or am I the only one who needs more leg space? 

Comments

• Options
    techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    That's more or less what the Ultimate Toys edition of the T@b is, though I don't believe they have an option for the boondock-style suspension and wheels.

Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    I don't stand that much in our CS. We leave the bed down and the table outside except when towing. Two inches wider would sleep better and you could get rid of the fenders. 
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    ApositronicApositronic Member Posts: 27
    I would love a 320 with a little more headroom, at least another 6 inches of length to the bed and a little more bathroom space. We sleep north-south in a twin configuration.
    2021 320S BD | Jeep Gladiator | North Idaho 
  • Options
    broderiusbroderius Member Posts: 32
    head room would be great but leg room at night when I am sleeping would be the best! 
  • Options
    broderiusbroderius Member Posts: 32
    @techietab The ultimate toys version is pretty close... I would leave out the inside kitchen and microwave.  I love a good outdoor kitchen with powered fridge or cooler like they had in the t@gs pre 2020. And Boondock edition the thing. I love being outdoors away from people so the higher the frame is from the ground the better.... also better for standing under to cook too when being tall. But I really like that Teardrop. NuCamp would have the tall customers happy with a longer 320 series. 
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    I doubt you'll see anything new in a T@B CSS version as they have been steadily dropping in percentage of T@Bs sold.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    SLJ said:
    I doubt you'll see anything new in a T@B CSS version as they have been steadily dropping in percentage of T@Bs sold.
    My sense is that the size of the bed is a big obstacle for a lot of people. I think that they’d gain a lot of CSS buyers by widening the camper, and they’ve shown this is doable with the Ultimate Toys version. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    The 400 is 10in wider. Think of what you could do with 10in more galley or 10in more width in the lavatory.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    AndreOAndreO Member Posts: 69
    OK, all great reasons for a wider Tab however I belive the idea was to keep the weight and price of the Tab within a particular range making it towable by most TVs. I have a 400 however friends went for a Tab so they wouldn't have to upgrade thier car just to tow.

Producing too many models would greatly increase manufacturing costs and reduce profits as well.

Unfortunetly everything in life is a trade-off!
    AndreO
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Tab 400
    Ford F150 2.7 Lariat
  • Options
    You are correct. We have a 320CS because we both still work. We're out 2 or 3 days at a time and the tow vehicle is a daily driver for getting to work. In about 3 years, all that changes.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    ybakosybakos Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2023
    As a 320 CS-S owner, the ideal would be a 400-style clamshell: something just big enough to accommodate a fixed seating area in addition to the bed - but has an outdoor kitchen.
    2022 Tab 320 CS-S Boondock
  • Options
    orfisersorfisers Member Posts: 7
    I’m in 
    2020 - 320 CS-S Boondock Lite, Convenience + 133W solar package
  • Options
    maxwellllllmaxwellllll Member Posts: 15
    I'd definitely be interested in a 400-style clamshell.  We down-sized from the too big Intech Terra Oasis into a 400, and the only thing I really miss from the Terra was the outdoor kitchen.  We virtually never cook indoors (cooking is outside with a Weber Traveler that I converted to run via the LP hookup in back).  If we could gain a little indoor space by moving the kitchen outside (maybe a front bed with an L-shaped lounge in the rear?), I think we'd have a darn near perfect setup for our family of three.  
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,011
    @maxwellllll   Have you seen the new intech Terra Magnolia? A 22’ model that looks real nice. Plus has the outdoor kitchen. How did you like the intech vs the NuCamp product? Was the quality similar? 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    maxwellllllmaxwellllll Member Posts: 15
    @bergger I did indeed see that the Magnolia was released.  While cutting out the split bath and chopping off several feet of length is a plus, it's still more than a ton heavier, more than 1.5 feet taller, and 10" wider than the T@b, which is infinitely nicer to tow and park due to those dimensions.  The general build qualities between the two brands are similar, but there are several things that make me lean in NuCamp's direction.  The A/C is half as loud in the T@b, and the insulation is far superior (the A/C compressor would run non-stop in 90F temps in the InTech, while the T@b is able to cycle on and off in 100F temps). In many ways I find that NuCamp's design and "user experience" considerations are more thoughtful.  Fit and finish are better in the NuCamp as well.  

A possibly apt metaphor would be comparing a modern Ford to a BMW: A Ford (I drive an Expedition currently) has everything you need, is well put together, and is clearly a high-quality vehicle.  A BMW has all those things, and the buttons are where my fingers naturally go, the stereo sounds amazing, the wood trim is clearly of higher grade, the interior is quieter and overall more comfortable, and the gaps between the panels are half the size of those in the Ford.  All that being said, I would be interested in trading back to an Intech if they chopped off another 2-3 feet of overall length and shed 1,500 lbs of the weight from the Magnolia. I'd probably rather have a "T@b 500" that adds a couple feet to allow just a bit more space inside and--as previously mentioned in my "perfect trailer" build--has a clamshell outdoor kitchen.     
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,011
    Thanks for the reply @maxwellllll.  No matter how much I look at other trailers, and I look a lot, I always come back to the 400.  For now it's about perfect for us.  But in the future a T@b 500 would be great.  Maybe they could make a mini Avia trailer.  I've literally crawled around and dismantled much of our 400 and it really is put together extremely well in comparison to almost all other travel trailers.  Today I just spent some time underneath it, after 3.5 years the few areas under it that have some tape needed a little  maintenance.  Just replaced the peeling tape with some new gorilla tape.  Anyway even under the trailer is very well put together compared to all the mass market trailers I've crawled under.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado