Options

Towing with a Ranger

stevelstevel Member Posts: 6
Just got a 2023 Ford Ranger. I have a 2018 Tab320CS. Does anyone know how big of a drop I need  for the hitch? I pick the truck up tomorrow and would like to stop and get a hitch on the way home! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We have a 2019 Ranger and the same model year Tab320 CSS.  Our hitch is adjustable but its drop for the Tab is 7 1/4".  I'd go 7" vs 8" for a fixed hitch.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    You're awesome Thank You!

• Options
    Enjoy your new Ranger and Tab!
  • Options
    BrianRBrianR Member Posts: 14
    That's quite a drop! I might be getting a "new to me" 2021 Ranger. I was hoping my 5 1/4" drop would work. Do you carry much in the bed of the truck?

• Options
    I took Slackers advice and picked up an adjustable hitch. Haven't tried it yet. After I get a cap for it I will be taking table, chairs, and three totes.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Usually the Ranger contains a pair of camp chairs, folding cocktail table, tailgate tent, outdoor carpet, a cooler (w/ food, beverage, ice), a tote with accessories (30 amp cord, water hose, filter, connectors), a milk crate with 4 gallon water jugs, and an antique pepsi crate w/ wedge-style leveler, wheel chalks and locks.  On longer trips we'll also have a generator with a dedicated propane tank. We also add a 6 gallon container to top off water in the fresh water tank. We have found the 6 gallon container to be hard to handle and even more cumbersome to use with our 2019's fresh water inlet. We're on the lookout for a better option. The generator and propane tank may be left home in the future as we now have portable solar and a lithium battery. We have a tonneau cover for the truck bed.
  • Options
    For those with two piece adjustable hitches I recommend getting a pair of hitch-tighteners to all but eliminate any nerve wracking play at the receiver and the two adjustable parts of the hitch.