Options

Renogy T@B 400 Boondock Lithium upgrade

I have three Renogy 100ah Lithium batteries, a 3000 watt Renogy inverter/charger and a Renogy battery monitor with shunt. Has anyone else put something like this together in their T@B or are considering doing so? Anyone have any idea on anything else I might need? It is going in there, one way or another.

Comments

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    I did 200AH in my 320. Went with a Victron smart charger as I don't have much need for an inverter as we don't use the air conditioning. Only use the smart charger when plugged into shore power which isn't often. Didn't upgrade the WFCO converter. Waste of time. I shut the batteries off and let the WFCO supply DC when on shore power while the Victron Smart Charger charges the Lithiums properly if needed. I have 105 watt solar panel on the roof and a 200 watt Renogy suitcase which typically does all the charging. My rule of thumb is a minimum 100 watts of solar for every 100AH of battery. I keep an eye on it with a Renogy Smart Shunt/monitor. I'm very happy with the monitor and the Renogy suitcase. The suitcase works very well and even charges on overcast days. This was on an overcast morning dry camping at uCamp:

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    WizardofARWizardofAR Member Posts: 2
    Adding to my post. Things I believe I need to do. 1) Unhook the charger in the WFCO. 2) Hook AC power to new Renogy 3000 watt Inverter Charger. 3) Run AC power from Inverter Charger to WFCO. 4) Remove current inverter wires from 2 outlets. 5) Run the wiring from the Solar controller to the the battery bus bar. Thoughts?
  • Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    Have you completed this project yet? Any advice for others looking to do the same?
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Yes, please let us know. I'd love to hear what you think of the Renogy 3000 watt inverter/charger.

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    ChrisFix said:
    Yes, please let us know. I'd love to hear what you think of the Renogy 3000 watt inverter/charger.

I'd like to know as well.  The 3000 Rego with Bluetooth is on my list but I'm reading a lot of bad things about Renology.