Options

How do I refill fresh water tank while boondocking?

I need to be able to refill my fresh water tank on my ‘21 T@B 400 from water containers I am bringing on my next boondocking camping trip. I just tried hooking up a 3’ hose to the water inlet on the Nautilus, then screwing in a Hose Bandit to the hose, then inserting a large funnel, and then pouring water into the funnel. The water wont go in. The funnel just fills up. I have the Nautilus set to Powefill. There is something, a valve, in the way. I can push it open with my finger, but not while my short fill hose is connected. 
Karen and Chris
2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
Dallas, Texas
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey

Comments

• Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2023
    With our Nautilus system we set things up for 'sanitize', stick the hose in the water container and use the pump to fill the tank. Not sure if you have the same system, but attached is a copy of our P3 manual. I think page 7 has this info.

2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    CruiserCamperChrisCruiserCamperChris Member Posts: 76
    wow! that is awesome! works! What a great way to fill my tank when boondocking. At first it didn't work, but I found out I hadj to raise my container above the  tank to get it started, once you do, you can set it  back down. Thanks!
    Karen and Chris
    2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
    Dallas, Texas
    “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    @CruiserCamperChris  the process @RTWCTS provided is indeed the 'official' process and as you noted works well with some minor source tank adjustments.

That said, don't forget you could attach a Funnel** to the City Water Intake and fill the tank without using Battery Power . . .in the figure below "" City Water "" is your 5-gal water can being poured into a funnel at the City Water connection. . .

** Ideally, a large mouth funnel attached to a short water hose.  Attach the water hose to the
          City Water port, then pour your Jerry Can of water . . .you might need three hands . . .
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+