Options

Shurflo 4008 strainer on 2021 T@B 400

TwoRoamersTwoRoamers Member Posts: 10
 The shurflo pump intermittently ran continuously after a while.  Troubleshooting brought me to the pump filter cap.  The white plastic in the cap around the strainer screen was deformed which appeared to be factory installation.  I tightened down more firmly by hand and it stopped for a while, but on a recent trip I had to work the plastic with with a needlenose pliers to get the seal to seat better.  It kept leaking air and pump running.  I ordered the complete strainer replacement as I couldn't get the cap alone.  Interestingly the original installation has the cap on top, but many photos on line show the cap generally on the bottom.  The dealer indicated that it could be ok in either position.  Does anyone have a concrete answer to the question of top or bottom or sideways?  Also I tried to troubleshoot the air leak-running pump by first just switching caps and leaving the filter body in place for the time being until I hopefully got some input on the previous question.  But the cap change alone did in fact allow the pump to stop running when fully pressurized.  Any thoughts are appreciated.  Still a newbie after a year of minimal use and learning about all the idiot-syncracies of our 400. 
2021 T@B 400 Boondock
Towed by 2022 Toyota Highlander
Queensbury, New York