Options

Smallest/shortest wheel+tire setup for T@b 400 BD

d_vd_v Member Posts: 35
Does anyone have experience running a smaller wheel/tire on the T@b 400 BD than stock? I would like to have an “efficiency” set of wheels/tires that lowers the ride height and has lower weight/rolling resistance than the stock off road tires. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    d_vd_v Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2023
    So this is what I went with. A 14” wheel and 205/75/14 tires. If you go any smaller there are not any D rated tires or tires with max 65psi. This change reduced the ride height by a little more than an inch. 
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    This is what we use on our 320-CS. Your mileage may vary but it is a cheap experiment.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    ChiprchukChiprchuk Member Posts: 23
    Jerry - how much easier is it to move around? One or two people and how much more does it weigh? TIA Chuck
    Tab 320-S Boondock Edge 2019
    T/V Ford Ranger 2023 4x4

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    edited October 2023
    @Chiprchuk It moves a lot easier than with the single wheel and doesn't weigh much more than the single wheel itself. My wife and I can move it ourselves through most surfaces (sandy soil, gravel) except very wet grass where it and the single wheel by itself tend to sink in (sometimes into mud) and get bogged down, but a third person has always been sufficient to get us moving. The thing I like about this is that the center wheel is used to set the direction and the side wheels assist in distributing the weight when the single center wheel cannot do the job by itself. Plus the Tractor Supply wheels don't require constant air pressure to keep them usable. Mine are going on three years and don't show any signs of wear. It's not perfect, but it is the best low/no maintenance solution I've encountered yet.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.