Options

Has anyone replaced the toilet in a 2017 Tab 320

Hi!
I may be replacing my toilet due to the valve breaking and it no replacement being found.  Has anyone replaced the toilet in a 2017 (or pre-20121) Tab 320?  what model did you use? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Beckblaze9 the toilet is easy. Disconnect water supply line (assuming pump off and city water not connected), unscrew 2 bolts at base and lift off. New toilet should come with new rubber floor gasket. Almost as easy but much cheaper is to replace that broken valve assembly.

Remove 2 bottom bolts on toilet and lift up, remove old broken valve assembly, install new valve assembly. Do not over tighten. Reinstall toilet. And finally, reattach water supply line

We were able to locate a replacement valve assembly at our local rv dealer. Parts department claimed that model toilet valve is the most common used. Approximately $17.00 at dealership.

Warning! An advanced t@b yoga certificate is recommended for the gymnastic contortions necessary to perform these tasks. DH was able to complete these tasks from mostly outside the bathroom, but not everyone has arms the length of an adult orangutan.

Most likely was that the t@b was not properly winterized. Many of us have learned of our unfamiliarity with the t@b systems in that first winterization. The toilet valve seems to be a weak spot in the process. I'll admit that we must have had just enough water trapped in that very valve to break it in exactly that same way our first year. We're much more careful and experienced now and have avoided the valve replacement of shame since the first one.

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.