Options

Minnesotaaaaabbers!

PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
Hello from Minnesota. We are Paula and Larry with a newly-acquired 2015 Silver-Silver T@B M@XX. Larry and I have done little camping as adults, but as we approach retirement I am drawn to the trailer-camping that I did as a child. I have fond memories of traveling in a 64 Shasta with my parents. What we are quickly discovering is that owning a trailer is not all fun and games, and we are deeply indebted to the good people on this forum who so willingly share their knowledge and experience. To date our little "Serenity" has not left our driveway since her joyous arrival on April 25th. Looking forward to being more active members of this forum.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN

Comments

• Options
    DABWCADABWCA Member Posts: 70
    Hello Paula and Larry from around the corner.  Silver-Silver T@B M@XXes are proliferating in Minnesota.  We are Susan Jane and David from St. Paul and have a T@B-L on order.  Since we don't expect to see it until late July or early August, we have become virtual T@Bbers and learned a great deal from the good folk who share their knowledge and experience through this forum.  Actually, since the L model is so rarely seen at dealers, we are especially grateful to insights offered here that guided us to the right choice for us. I'll be visiting friends out of town until the end of the month, but am expecting that we will get together soon as Silver-Silver members of the Minnesotaaaaabers!
    David -- Saint Paul, MN
    2015 T@B-L "Silver Dr@ggin" towed by 2015 Kia Sorento V6 "Don Poulan"
  • Options
    Torres2906tabTorres2906tab Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2014
    Hello Paula and Larry and welcome! We are Elaine and Paul from Michigan and are new T@b owners having just recently purchased a gently used 2013 T@b U from a gentleman in Kentucky. So much to learn! We are looking forward to our first trip over Memorial Day weekend. I too am very grateful for the friendly and helpful folks on this forum. Again, welcome!!!
    Elaine ~ 2013 T@b U, aka Lei-la. TV 2010 GMC Terrain
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Hello and welcome to the forum from the deep south. Our T@B is silver and black. 2014 Clamshell wetbath. T@BbyKay.
    I am beginning to think about a trip to Minnesota next June for an event I'd like to attend. We could camp on the way and then maybe stay in a hotel at convention site but would worry about leaving T@B.  When we visited Austin this past spring, I found a great rv park very close to town and close to our event. Do you know of a neat rv place in town Minneapolis. I have not researched anything yet so this is probably a silly question to pose at this early time. 
    Just saying hello and welcome to all. Happy camping. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Belva and Richard, We are new to camping so we don't have firsthand knowledge of any campgrounds in the area. Right now we don't have a tow vehicle so our little T@B is stuck in the driveway. We decided we would like to wait for the 2015 Outback to become available. :(( I don't know of any campgrounds within the metro area. However, there is a KOA not too far from the NW suburb that we live in. There are a few parks which are part of the Three Rivers Park District that offer camping. One is Baker Park Reserve west of Minneapolis. There are also some state parks in both Minnesota and Wisconsin just to the east of St. Paul. If you need a place to secure your T@bby for a couple of our days, there is always a possibility that our driveway could be open. Thank you for the warm welcome. It's been a pleasure to get to know you through your posts. Looking forward to getting to meet you in person. ~Paula

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    PaulaK, what a kind and hospitable offer. Thanks, T@BbyKay does play well with others.
    My husband drove a Sabaru for years and would like to have another. We were also lacking in the tv department when we bought T@B. I was driving a Honda Accord and was told by LG that it should be fine. The forum group and Neil specifically, offered us so much information on safe towing. We ditched the Honda and found a used Ford Explorer. We feel very safe towing the T@B. It has plenty of stopping power and is working out for us. It is not perfect and not our first choice, but we won on the T@B side. We love, love our T@B. We have had a few glitches but overall T@B is great for the little travel we can do. We are not retired, yet. So we are limited to vacations and time on Sunday afternoons and Mondays. (Offday)
    We are headed out for 3 weeks, starting June 1 - out west- Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson, Idaho, Utah, Moab, Cortez, Santa Fe, Hot Springs. We are expecting for us all, Richard, T@B and Belva to all hold together. We are not experienced campers or rvers?? 
    I have researched for almost a year, made early reservations in the places that fill up and we are geared up for safe travel. 
    I think we have purchased every gadget, tool, protector, cord, heater, bungee and chair mentioned as "helpful and/or needed" on the forum. 
    Hope you will post pics of your first adventure in your T@B. Is the new 2015 car almost ready? I visit my T@B almost every day in our driveway. No one can understand unless they also have T@B fever. 
    Happy camping. 
    Belva
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    Someone recommended Lebanon Hills park in Eagan (a Dakota county regional park), to the southeast of Minneapolis. I had planned to camp there last summer, but plans changed. Reservations can be made in advance. They have sites with no hookups, electric only, and full hookups.
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll check it out. Very early planning for now. You never know, when we can "go where we are towed to". 
    Belva 
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    I just found this thread and want to jump in, as I am also in Minnesota.  I would love to hear from others around the Twin Cities metro area and beyond about good places to take the T@B.  I just had a maiden voyage weekend at the Knife River campground, south of Two Harbors and learned a lot about where the 3M hooks need to be, etc.  I would like to find a 1-2 night camping spot close to home to continue to work out kinks and refine storage and supply items.  Please share!
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    Hi Beth, We are taking our maiden voyage with our T@B this weekend at an ACOE campground 70 miles to the east, Eau Galle Recreation Area. It is located just 4 miles south of I-94. I scoped it out last weekend on a return trip from Eau Claire. You would not expect to find such a wooded campground in the midst of rural Wisconsin. We would love to get together with other Twin City T@bbers to compare notes.