Options

Losing my shirt

FoobarFoobar Member Posts: 13
edited September 2023 in Trailer & Towing
Hey all, not sure how common this is, but perhaps y'all have seen this before...

My wife and I purchased our '23 T@B 400 Boondock w/ Lithium upgrade at the beginning of this camping season, enjoyed it thoroughly, and plans changed a bit as our last child who started college decided college life wasn't in the cards and she's now with us once more. We've found the T@B performs perfectly for a couple, but it was just too small for the three of us.

To that end, we've decided that next season we're upgrading to something bigger. Unfortunately, NuCamp doesn't have a path in that direction and we'll have to switch brands. Also unfortunate, the depreciation on RV's is quick and dirty so I expect to really eat it on resale. Trade-in is going to be a joke so we won't even be going down that road.

That all being the case, what do you all think a fair expectation would be on the sale of a '23 T@B 400 Boondock, Lithium Upgrade (400AH Battleborn, 3000W Inverter - all outlets and AC powered by batteries, BT Smart Shunt, Portable Solar SAE connector w/ extra Victron Charge Controller)? I've also upgraded the tongue jack to a Lippert Electric that is wired up to the batteries but also has a 7-way cable that can power off the Tow Vehicle and I've added a couple of Diamond Plate storage boxes flanking the propane storage.

Think I could get 35K for this? 
2023 T@B 400 Boondock / 2023 Rivian R1T - Long Island, NY

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    edited September 2023
    I’d keep the T@B and get a tent for the kid. 

Edited: I just noticed that you have a Rivian truck. Why not get a rooftop tent? 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    Don’t forget to get all you can $35k is a great price. Please do not give away.I have my doubts the bunk style will be around for many years. Best of luck on your sale.

2021 T@B 400 boondock solo made just 1 Year. I could have sold mine a couple times but we just love it. Was offered up to $ 38500 5k more than we paid.
  • Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 111
    Here is a link to NADA/JD Power pricing guide for trailers. Hope it helps...
    RV Manufacturers Prices, Comparisons and Make List | J.D. Power (jdpower.com)
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @RTWCTS
      I don't see Nucamp or Tab, etc anywhere on the list?
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 111
    lkc001 said:
    @RTWCTS
      I don't see Nucamp or Tab, etc anywhere on the list?
    If you look under the listed links of the most popular brands you'll see a drop down window (Select Make) that lists, alphabetically, over 2,000 makers of trailers. Scroll down to find NuCamp, click on that and follow the prompts.

2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Keep it and get her a tent. If you loose money buying something bigger and then want to downsize you'll really loose. If she's college age, she won't be around long enough to make a change worth it.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Your setup sounds amazing…full lithium, etc. I’d hate to give that up for $35k and I know you can ask for more than that. 

But I do agree with some of the other people here…get the kid a tent. I promise she’ll still love you  ;)
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    Yes as others have said.  Keep it.  She can sleep else ware or sleep in the trailer with you until she is off on her own, which is probably not very far down the road.  So unless you just don't want the trailer I'd make it work for you.  But if you do decide to sell it I think 35k is probably a bit low for a 400 with the full lithium package.   
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Thanks for the input all. My situation is a bit complicated in that it is likely that the nest will never be empty. Suffice to say that we will likely be camping as a family of three for some time to come and this isn't simply a situation where it'll eventually just be my wife and me.

I appreciate everyone's feedback!
  • Options
    fwunderfwunder Member Posts: 39
    Teenage daughter moved back home? This looks like the perfect rig to me!

• Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2023
    Check RV Trader for selling prices near you.  Your rig sounds like you could get more than $35K.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    As an owner of a 2021 400, I hope you get way more than $35k. Otherwise that spells bad news if/when we sell ours.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Marceline said:
    I’d keep the T@B and get a tent for the kid. 

Edited: I just noticed that you have a Rivian truck. Why not get a rooftop tent? 
    I have a Roofnest Condor Overland, in fact.

I wasn't going to get into all the details here, but since I'm getting a lot of suggestions to find a way to keep the T@B and make a private temporary space for my daughter to use while we camp, suffice to say she has some challenges in life that make some things difficult or impossible that are taken for granted by others. It also means that she isn't going to need a tent or something for a few years until she moves off on her own. Like I said, plans changed a bit and we'll now be camping as a family of three.

I appreciate that the T@B is worth keeping, especially with everything we put into it. At least someone else will be able to enjoy it at a price better than buying it at the dealer. I'll definitely try to get the best deal I can on it, but realistically speaking, these things sell for ~38K brand new, and the Lithium upgrade package isn't something that everyone looks for. I may actually be better served selling it with just one of the BattleBorn batteries (like the base package) and either keeping the 3 extra batteries or selling them separately. The rest of the system goes with the T@B, unless I want to go to the effort of undoing the inverter/wiring.
  • Options
    Maryperry1Maryperry1 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2023
    We are looking to upgrade from our 320 so we can travel for longer periods in retirement-next couple of years.  Absolutely loved our Lithium and so when/if you get there, we would be interested with what you come up with.