Options

How to use cassette toilet at site?

Hi all,

New T@B 320 owner here with some noob questions.

I am wondering if folks empty their cassette toilet at their camp site or do you trudge it up to a dump station somewhere else?

I discovered the Americanizer which looks like it is going to be a great little tool, but I cannot figure out how folks are rinsing their cassette after they dump it at their site.

Do you carry a separate water container for rinsing the cassette and putting the little bit of water in it along with the tank pod deoderizer thingy?

I am hoping to not have to carry a special potty water tank with us. Would love to hear your ideas and solutions.

Thank you!!

j

Comments

• Options
    BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
    We have a 2022 320S BD. We've only had one campsite with full hookups, where we were able to dump at our campsite. Otherwise, we've always been able to dump at the campground's RV dump station. There has always been a water source with hose to be able to rinse out the cassette.
    Make sure you have some disposable gloves to wear. We bought the Americanizer, too, but have not had to use it yet. 
    If you haven't seen it, Jen Grover has a YouTube tutorial on using a Tab 320 cassette. 
    We were a bit nervous the first time, but it's actually really easy to deal with.
    Like many others, we only use the cassette toilet for #1 and use the campground's facilities for the rest.
    You could bring a plastic gallon milk jug along with the Happy Camper or whatever you use already mixed with water, or put it in the cassette before leaving home. We've found using warm water at home helps it to dissolve better.
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    I routinely dump the cassette in Campground toilets, outhouses, and home bathroom.  Usually in two flushes, up to two gallons each.  The weight and volume will activate a normal toilet siphon flush without having to trip lever.

Early am hours are best.  Avoid scaring the proverbial pants off an adjoining stall occupant with a long protracted swooshing!

It is imperative to carry a spray cleaner bottle and paper towels, and be exceedingly careful to avoid drips or splashes.

Apparently some campsites prohibit cassettes in the bathroom, although we only encountered this once, quite verbally.

Clean water flushing can be a challenge without a dedicated facility, therefore I carry a gallon water jug for this purpose.

We find two days, three max, to be a good interval and keep the carry weight manageable.  

We also hand ferry the cassette and a four gallon lidded bucket of gray water (in relays) to a dump station if within reasonable carry distance.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Dump station or outhouse or home if a short trip. Starting new, practice filled with clean water first at home. Pretty easy to learn to dump without splashing.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited September 2023
    I dump mine at my full hookup campsite using the Americanizer. I also have a "Y" connection at the campground city water connection with a short hose attached specifically for rinsing the cassette.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL