Options

Lift kit for 2022 400 Boondock?

Has anyone installed a lift kit on a 2022 TAB 400 Boondock? I've queried both Dexter and NuCamp and they don't make such a product. I'm wondering if someone has figured this out on their own. Any ideas?
Bubbles - 2022 T@B 400 Boondock
Tug - 2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 453
    edited October 2023
    I did some preliminary investigation around the suspension, mainly because of the very limited wheel travel which makes the trailer bounce around on rougher roads. That is true for both the boondocks and the regular axles because the difference is merely the angle of the swingarm. 
    To lift the trailer using the factory axle requires moving the vertical mounting surface down (unfortunately the T@b axles have a custom mounting flange, it would be easier with the catalog Dexter axles). I'd venture this could be done by a competent fabricator and welder. Basically fabricate something (3/8th or 1/2" plate) that fills the opening left when removing the axle, and recreates the same mounting pattern a few inches lower. Might need some bracing against the frame rail. 
    To increase wheel travel and find room for shock absorbers I've been debating converting to a regular leaf spring setup. It would require to fabricate a frame cross member similar to what the current axle housing provides plus spring and shock mounts along the frame rails. 
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    If you are trying to go off road, you may want to look at Timbren replacements for the Dexter axle.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"