Options

2024 Tab 400 Canyon package Questions, owners, please share your experience!

I own a 320, and now considering the new 2024 400 Canyon package with extra Lithium, additional factory installed solar.  I don't really care for the underlighting, is it something that can be turned off? Has anyone bought one, and can share feedback?  Does the hot water tank heater run of propane or battery, does it prevent freezing, or just takes less time for achieving hot water at the faucets, aren't there other water connections beyond the hot water tank which would be susceptible to freezing temps?
2024 Tab 400 Boondock, Oregon

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,665
    edited October 2023
    The 2024 models are barely out yet, it may take a while for any owners to show up.
    This Mandy Lea video doesn't show much "difference" in the "mechanics" of the trailer.  Lithium batteries are standard, increased solar panel options, even 600 watts of solar for the big 4 battery lithium package.  Which is nice, but, since people still like to park the trailer in the shade, there is the return of the "solar port". 
    The 4 lithium package has the Multiplus...and the setup for that configuration has proven to be problematic for many owners.  Victron controllers/Multiplus/Shunts all should be on the same page, and there has been a lot of feedback about poorly configured systems.
    Mandy skips over details about the fresh water tank heater.  They don't use a lot of power, so the assumption should be the tank heaters will be wired directly to the battery.  The tank heater is probably not designed for "hot water delivery"...the Alde will probably take care of that.
    And, I agree about the winterizing confusion.
    Here is Mandy's video, which is interesting.  But.....I wish there was a "technical" walkthrough for every trailer, and not just a "fashion" walkthrough.  (Not a criticism of Mandy's hard work!)

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BaileyBailey Member Posts: 37
    Thank you. I wrote to Nucamp, and found the water tank heater runs on batteries, with a switch located in the Nautilus panel box. Nucamp tells me extra lithium batteries package is 4 of these batteries with internal heat. Haven't found out about the outdoor underlighting, hoping it is something that can be turned off, assuming it is.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,665
    We have some info about the 2023 4 lithium setups, with pictures and descriptions.  Except for the "tank heater", the newer 2024's have the same battery layout. 
    I am trying to get my head around what an owner is supposed to do about winterizing around the heated water tank.
    This is the battery thread from last year, with a conversation about how it works.  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/16379/2023-400-with-the-400-ah-lithium-mod-victron-inverter/p1

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    BaileyBailey Member Posts: 37
    Thanks.
  • Options
    HammickHammick Member Posts: 70
    We looked at a '24 400 Black Canyon last weekend.  I'm 99.9% sure the under lighting has a switch.  I'll ask my wife for her photos as she was tasked with the inside and I took the outside.  The switch would be located with the rest of the outdoor switches so good chance we have a photo.  I'll know soon if we have a photo.
  • Options
    GoodSpotGoodSpot Member Posts: 3
    edited February 22
    On the 400, the Black Canyon underlighting is controlled by a large switch distinct from the others, shown at bottom left in this image.