Water problem

Just bought a 2023 T@B 320-S Boondock a couple of weeks ago.  The fresh water tank I filled about half way and used it.  Worked fine. Good water pressure.  Before leaving for my trip I wanted to test fill.  Used the siphon fill to tank method to add 3 gallons.  Drove 400 miles.  Stopped now.  Turned on pump.  It won’t shut off and pressure is poor and almost none from hot water.  Gauge shows 1/3 to 2/3 full. 

Any ideas?   I rechecked to make sure Nautilus is in dry camping mode. 

Comments

• grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 158
    Mine is a 2019 Tab 320s and it has a strainer on the inlet of the pump.  I assume you have one too.  Check to see if it is clogged with something.  That would cause the pump to run and no pressure out.
    2019 T@B 320S
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,865
     Check that all your low point drains are closed.  Check all the faucets in the trailer and make sure they are all closed, except for the one you are trying to get water from.  Run the pump for a bit and open the faucet: anything coming out?  Air?  A mix of air and water? Anything?  If there is plenty of air coming out under pressure, keep the pump running, and try your faucet again.  Open and close the other faucets and let the air escape. 
    The thing that is hard to check here is the actual state of the fresh water tank.  (The monitors are guesstimates,  at best.)  If the tank level is lower than 1/3rd, the pump may not be able to draw water into the plumbing system.  You can try adding more water, so that the pump draws enough water to overcome what ever air pressure is in the lines.
    The Alde hot water tank fills by opening a hot water faucet and letting the tank fill.  It is a 2 1/2 gallon tank, so that might take a minute or so.  If your fresh water tank only had 5-6 gallons in it, the Alde tank may have taken a big percentage of your fresh water tank capacity. 

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • EclipseChaserEclipseChaser Member Posts: 11
    Yes.  I know where it is.  Will take a look. 
    Okay.  You guys are awesome.  Combination of your responses got it fixed.  When I opened the filter housing, only a couple of drops.  It was empty even with pump on.  Even though water kept flowing from tap.  But then I opened tap while running pump.  There must have been an airlock left from when I used the siphon fill yesterday.  Running pump with tsp open allowed it to purge and prime.  

Big thanks to both of you.  I am heading for Colorado from Wisconsin and was worried there’d be no water. 
    edited May 1
    Same problem occurred now when I pulled into the rest area for the night.  I’m guessing it has to do with traveling a long distance with the pump shut off. 

Do others experience this problem, or do most of you leave the water pump switched on when on the road?  It worked fine at the lunch stop after a couple hours on the road but this afternoon I traveled about seven hours. 

Of course I fixed it right away this time.  
  • grassgdgrassgd Member Posts: 158
    Same problem occurred now when I pulled into the rest area for the night.  I’m guessing it has to do with traveling a long distance with the pump shut off. 

Do others experience this problem, or do most of you leave the water pump switched on when on the road?  It worked fine at the lunch stop after a couple hours on the road but this afternoon I traveled about seven hours. 

Of course I fixed it right away this time.  
    I never experienced a problem with my 2019 Tab 320s.  Always filled my water tank with a garden hose and travel with the pump off but once or twice forgot it on by no issue.
    2019 T@B 320S
    Had a 2017 TaB 320s and never an issue either.  Don’t know when they switched to the Nautilus, but I suspect it is related to that.  Perhaps not, but that’s all I can think of now.  Obviously it had nothing to do with my previous siphon to fill tank procedure.  

Thanks.  
    edited May 7
    On way back.  Still encountering the problem. When I have been traveling and stop, the water has drained from the filter housing at water pump.  Also the water level in tank decreases.  Definitely some kind of a leak. I even refilled the tank about half way and it is showing empty and not enough water to reprime system.  Also, when using the syphon system to fill tank I need to hold the water jug up above pump height or nothing syphons.  Something is wrong.  
    edited May 7
    After further investigation I believe it may be due to not having the tank sufficiently filled.  I can’t find any leaks and depending on the levelness of the trailer, the problem disappears.  Will check the amount of water on returning home.  I refilled based on the sensors which probably misled me to think there was more water than I actually had.