Options

2023 TAB 400 AIMS inverter ?s

HammickHammick Member Posts: 77
Hey guys.  We recently picked up a 2020 NuCamp Avia so we will be selling our '23 TAB 400 BD.  Our TAB has the full lithium upgrade that was done at the factory shortly after purchase.  We ar the second owners so I never saw it before the lithium upgrade.  The AVIA has the AIMS 1,200 watt inverter.  I am moving the Lithium package from the TAB to the AVIA and putting the TAB back exactly as it came before the lithium upgrade.  Have a few questions.

Where is the AIMS remote On/Off switch located on the '23 TAB?  Was there a heat enable switch for the single Battleborn battery and if so where was it located?  Our battery heat switch with the Lithium upgrade is in the bedroom cubby next to the outlet.

Do the outlets that are powered by the inverter connect directly to output of the AIMS?  My outlets that would be powered by the AIMS are currently on a 15a breaker.  

I'm guessing that 15a breaker will be used to send power to the input on the AIMS.  I'm thinking 15ga wire is fine for the AIMS input since it's just powering a few outlets.  The AVIA had 15ga to the input.

Thanks for any info and photos would be great if you have them.

Comments

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 315
     Both the Aims remote and battery heater switch were installed in the bedroom cubby. Not sure what you mean by 15ga wire. I believe 14/2 wire was used. Here is a photo.
    And the Aims inverter only supplied the outlet in the cubby and the outlet under the television
    elbolillo said:
     Both the Aims remote and battery heater switch were installed in the bedroom cubby. Not sure what you mean by 15ga wire. I believe 14/2 wire was used. Here is a photo.
    Thanks.  No idea why I said 15 gauge other than I was exhausted from this project.  Yes it's 14/2 and I'll have to run a piece of Romex and splice it unless they rolled mine into a service loop.  They just have put a new panel in my cubby because I don't have a blank where the AIMS remote was.
  • Options
    Happy to report that NuCamp used a metal junction box to splice the 14/2 wire when doing the Lithium upgrade on our TAB 400.  There was enough slack in the wires to go directly to the AIMS so I didn't have to run any new 14/2 wires to/from the WYCO.

Anyone know what gauge of battery wire is used on current TAB 400s with the AIMS and single Battleborn?
  • Options
    Hammick said:
    Happy to report that NuCamp used a metal junction box to splice the 14/2 wire when doing the Lithium upgrade on our TAB 400.  There was enough slack in the wires to go directly to the AIMS so I didn't have to run any new 14/2 wires to/from the WYCO.

Anyone know what gauge of battery wire is used on current TAB 400s with the AIMS and single Battleborn?
    4awg was used on our ‘23 Tab 400 with the single BB and Aims inverter.