Managing excess heat from Alde and refrigerator

RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 88
edited May 27 in Modifications & Upgrades
23 400 bd - Has anyone added venting or fans to their boiler/refrigerator spaces for excess cabin heat management?

I’m concerned that my Alde boiler and Flow will heat up the bed area uncomfortably on summer evenings. I’ve felt the bed panel over the alde after a 30 minute run of hot water at max.  That will be a potential issue if hot water is desired on a warm evening. Add to this the proximity of the refrigerator compressor vent space right next to it, and it seems there’s an opportunity to better vent all of this. 

One or more water tanks vent to the roof (I believe that black protrusion is a water tank vent?Edit - that may be the a/c intake and not useful for venting) Was thinking that could be an exit for excess cabin heat as well. Thoughts appreciated!

Rob
2023 Tab 400
2015 Audi Q7 TDI
Northern Ohio

Comments

• qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 494
    We have used our 2019 with the Alde 3020 and Flow for 3 summers and then stayed in the trailer for 4 months as a bedroom last year while building our new home, and did not experience a temp problem in the bed area while running the Alde for hot water. The CoolCat AC is so powerful that it would be hard to tell if there is heat coming thru the bed. We also use a foam topper so that likely provides some insulation. So we have not had any issues and the service compartment gets warm but not really hot.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,078
    When they switched to the compressor fridge they really should have kept a single vent for it.  Our 3-way fridge has the vent and an exhaust fan behind the fridge.  Compressor fridges to produce some heat, not nearly the amount of the 3-way, but airflow is always good for them.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado