Options

ARGH! Trip Aborted.

ELKELK Member Posts: 213
Had to come home...not sure the brake controller is working. After an hour getting hitched up...we got on the road and the meter on the Prodigy...which kept changing numbers when I brought the trailer home...just read "c" .  
Now it's getting dark and I'm not sure I can get it in the driveway...so I'm leaving it hooked to the car in the street and turning everything off and unplugging from the TV. Not really level either... help?!
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Do you have the RF Prodigy? On mine, c means connected. A dot before and after the c means something, but I don't remember. When I brake, the numbers change.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    Prodigy 2.  No changing numbers unless I change them... Otherwise just c  Boost is the extra .
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited September 2015
    Is this a quick local getaway without mountains, hills or a long trip with mountains involved? If the former, you are probably ok shutting off the controller off if you can and driving. I say this because I drove about 300 miles from the dealer without a brake controller engaged and had NO issues, and barely even felt the T@B back there.  I do have a V-8 pickup truck though, so clearly your experience might be different depending on your TV and terrain.  I hope you sort it out soon.  Sorry I don't have specifics on Prodigy 2 model. It sounds as though you are good for the night back at home, un-plugged from TV.  Don't worry about being level tonight. This only matters when trying to run a/c, and Alde.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    I have a Turbo 6cyl Volvo.... and it is my first trip!  Going over the coast range to the Oregon coast....
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    A .c. on the display means you are in boost mode. Note this is lower case c.

Each press of the boost button will advance you to the next boost level. After 5 seconds, the display will change to .c.

If it is .C., you are in Electric over Hydraulic mode and the trailer is connected. You want to be in Electric, not Electric over Hydraulic. 

Not very intuitive, but that's why I went the extra and got the P3. No translation required. ;)
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    The "c" reading is correct as others have said.  Be concerned only if you see "nc".  
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Did the unit come with setup instructions? Ours did. C means unit is connected properly but e brakes have to be initially adjusted at the under-dash unit.
  • Options
    Yes. The brakes are working, I did the 25mph test, the .c. is small and in Boost 1 ...but when I press the brake pedal I'm not getting the automatic readings...as I did when I brought it home. It never changes from .c.    Strange! But it is working!
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Call the manufacturer, sometimes we may overlook something or it's a factory defect and they'll replace the defective unit.
  • Options
    contacted them. thanks.