Options

How useful is an outdoor shower?

I can get a T@B M@X S now (found on wife likes) without the external shower or I can order one and wait until December to get one with the External shower...

At first I though this would be a good option for rinsing off after being at the beach, pool, hiking, etc...  

However, after thinking about it, it is on the side opposite the door so that might not be all that useful.  A garden hose with sprayer would probably do just as well for that in warm weather and I am not sure I would use the external show in cooler weather.

Any thoughts???
Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We were thinking of getting one as an option. The main use that I can think of is for doing dishes outside, since it has hot water. We were quoted an additional $150 so we will have to think hard whether the convenience is worth the extra cost.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    It's one thing I wish I had even though it's on the opposite side of the door. Could probably take the shower head off and hook up a hose when needed.
  • Options
    I wonder how useful an outside shower would be as a shower. If you're in any kind of developed campground at all there would be no privacy, and in any case campgrounds won't want your soapy shower water all over the ground.

The issue with water on the ground would still apply if you used the shower for washing a dog, and you'd also have a wet dog to deal with.

Curious if any T@Bbers who have the outside shower take showers with it.
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    We got an insert faucet. It doesn't work for boondocking but otherwise we use it as you describe.

http://m.campingworld.com/shopping/item/90-degree-water-faucet/16244

2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    We have 07 t@b.  I added a 10gal tank underneath and water heater.  We purchased the teepee outdoor shower tent and shower in it.  Love it.  If you look at the recent post of our campsite where everyone has been showing their setup, you can see the tent.  I purchased a 10 ft shower hose with quick disconnect and hand held shower.  Mine comes out where the propane bottle is.  My computer is in the middle of upgrade or I would post photos here.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We have a 2015-L, no Alde. When dry camping, we use one of those tee-pee shelters, a pail of water and a ZODI water heater. It gets the job done and we take it along only when we know that we will need it.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    After a day of traveling that involved many, many miles of very dusty western roads the shower was wonderful.  This was our first long trip and we had purchased a pop up teepee just prior to leaving.  We were at a BLM campground that had a few faucets where we could get water using the 2 gallon jug we carry for this purpose.  We filled up the tank and each took the type of shower where you get wet, shut off the water, later up, turn on water and done. We use a soap/shampoo I make using Dr. Bronner's soap.as a base so not a big environmental concern.  With the short shower there was no pooling of water. I did have a small cedar grid to,stand on. Neither one of us washed our hair but it would have been possible.  I'm glad our 2015 T@B came with it.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • Options
    kccatekccate Member Posts: 51
    2canoe, my mom used to call that kind of shower a "bird bath" :)
    Cathy and traveling canines, 
    on the sunny side of the street
    2007 Dutchman T@B, C@te's Cr@te
    2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
  • Options
    kccatekccate Member Posts: 51
    edited October 2015
    What brand it the pop up shower tent please? I am looking for one but find deep into the descriptions or FAQs they will say there is no place to hang your shower handle, or that they need two people to set up. Advice welcome.
    Cathy and traveling canines, 
    on the sunny side of the street
    2007 Dutchman T@B, C@te's Cr@te
    2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    We have used ours just a couple of times in the last couple of years.  I think were I to get a custom T@B I would opt not to have it.  For me it is just another thing I have to winterize.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I use paha que tent.  Works great.  Presently we have a loop we put the hand shower through about 5 ft up off the ground.  I am contemplating a better solution.  I have to say a shower at the end of the day is great.  We take sailor showers.  If I were getting a new trailer, I would definitely get an outdoor shower.  The factory hose looks too cheap and short however.  The tent has horizontal zippers up high where you can reach through to adjust the temp and pass the shower into the tent.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    2canoe2canoe Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2015
    Sailor shower!  That is what I was trying to think of.  We had bird baths too but those involved a basin of water not a shower.
    I ordered our tent from Amazon.  It is called the Privacy Pop-up Tent from Matter of Time.  It. Is really easy to set up but since I'm short I do need help putting it away.  Just can't get the leverage.  If you get one be sure to watch the video about how to refold.
    2canoe, 2015 T@B Q-Max
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Looks like Wife wants external shower, so I guess I'll have to order one and just wait....

Estimated delivery is December or January....

Dealers said factory production is already booked through March of next year...

Thanks for the replies.... (Saves me a 1800 mile round trip to pick up the trailer anyway)
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    My dealer installed an external shower. Charged $150 for it.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    My dealer installed an external shower. Charged $150 for it.
    That is the same price I was quoted for the shower as a factory option.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Photomom - I should have been more specific.  It was part of my purchase of a new Outback.  The list price for an aftermarket install was $295.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.