Options

The Wait is Over

JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
edited December 2015 in Introductions
I picked up my new T@B Friday after a pretty long wait but as my experience has been with LG, it was worth the wait. I could not be more pleased with my new unit, but I admit I was a little sad to say good-by to my SS. I had some great times in the SS and met a lot of outstanding people, many of which are on this forum. I also had one of the best experiences l have ever had with D&H RV in Apex, NC. They could not have been more accommodating and thorough in their prep of my T@B. I will make another post about their service when I have more time but Dave and his staff were super. So I finally feel like I belong on this side of the LG forums. Now to figure out how to winterize. Oh, I  got an Outback with leatherette cushions, max s package and Sofitel table which I have already removed.
2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That is great, John!  Now you know the rule here....NPDH (No Pictures, Didn't Happen). Come one, let's see those neat cushions!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    NCT@BSNCT@BS Member Posts: 8
    Picked our T@B M@X S about a month ago from D&H. Have to agree about the good folks in Apex. They took half a day making sure I was ready to go. Even offered to lend me a courtesy vehicle to go to lunch! Great experience.
    2015 T@B S Max (white and black) + 2017 Chevy Colorado (white and black)  
    Charlotte, NC
  • Options
    NCT@BS said:
    Picked our T@B M@X S about a month ago from D&H. Have to agree about the good folks in Apex. They took half a day making sure I was ready to go. Even offered to lend me a courtesy vehicle to go to lunch! Great experience.
    Dave and his staff are first rate, the service guys checked every system making sure it operated properly including a pressure check of all water lines and even the lug nuts and tire pressure. Took them about 6 hours to get it all done.They also understand and know the Alde system. Very thorough bunch of service guys. Will post up some pics when it stops raining here on the coast.
  • Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115
    Congrats on your new Outback John. Interestingly, when we ordered our T@B in early Oct, our dealer had just taken delivery on 3 M@X S editions. 2 had already been picked up and when touring the 3rd unit, noticed it came from the factory already winterized. I wonder if that was just because it was headed to the mountains? All that antifreeze would sure make it tough for a buyer to test the systems upon purchase.
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    DeeDee said:
    Congrats on your new Outback John. Interestingly, when we ordered our T@B in early Oct, our dealer had just taken delivery on 3 M@X S editions. 2 had already been picked up and when touring the 3rd unit, noticed it came from the factory already winterized. I wonder if that was just because it was headed to the mountains? All that antifreeze would sure make it tough for a buyer to test the systems upon purchase.
    Mine was winterized as well, but D&H uses the blow out method with out anti freeze. The service tech intentionally flooded the water system while I was there to check for leaks, so I'll have to winterize again. I had a long drive back to the coast so elected to do it myself rather than wait for that to be done. I need to learn how anyway.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2015
    I know I'm a bit late but wanted to congratulate you on the purchase of your new T@B John.  I know you got good use out of and enjoyed your Silver Shadow and you know yours was the reason I set mine up similarly, since we met at the inaugural Rolling Home rally a few years back.  Never dreamed we'd both end up in T@B units, but like you, I am very happy to now own a T@B unit and upgraded to make life easier for my lady as she has some back issues.  I agree, I loved the SS and will miss it, but feel fortunate to have been able to make it up to Alaska and up the ALCAN highway with two good friends, Greg Seely and Tom English.  

Hope to see you again down in Ohio and look forward to catching up and hearing about your new adventures!

Safe travels and the best to you during the holidays and coming New Year!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks to all,and Mike, looking forward to seeing your new T@B. I had a chance to see Verna's at Atwood while you were on your Alaska trip. She was kind enough to let me spend some time checking out her trailer which led me to actually change my order. I hope you are as pleased with yours as I am mine!
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I'm very happy with my T@B John and have had fun doing upgrades to it that will make things easier.  There are some great/ingenious ideas here on the forum, plenty of innovative and resourceful individuals and it certainly makes it difficult not to incorporate some of these things into the trailer.  What's a guy to do but do just that!?   =)

I will probably do some overnight trips in the trailer before any extended adventures and have some things to take care of here at home that may hinder a planned trip out west, at least until spring time.  Looking forward to seeing you all again down at Atwood Lake and hope you have a Merry Christmas!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ