Propane Tank Design

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
Did you know that propane tanks are designed to go empty in the middle of the night - there's a secret clock in every one of them ... It's the only explanation for why every one of mine has run out between 3/4:00am.

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    For a guy who has used his trailer extensively over nearly two years full time you would think the internal clock would also be timed to instinctively check the propane level from time to time and know when this phenomena is going to occur in advance of it happening....  smilie

But that empty, sinking feeling at 4 am must be pretty frustrating too.  smilie 
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I've found the little gauge, when it gets to the yellow area, could mean two days or two hours :-(
    Not a big deal unless it's cold and it'd be nice if one awoke to a nice warm Alde.
    FYI - When it runs out, the Alde beeps once and a little red light comes on.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    By the way, I bought a spare 20 lb tank that has a built-in gauge. It even tells the level when the propane is shut off, unlike the add-on gauge that I put on my T@B tank. Oh yeah, purchased at Camping World.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cool - was that that expensive one discussed sometime back when.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    No, they came down in price, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”