Options

Norcold Extended Warranty

NCT@BSNCT@BS Member Posts: 8
We got our classic black and white T@B MaxS about a month ago. Four trips so far...Table Rock, Jordan Lake, Black Mtn, and Huntington Beach. Wondered since the Norcold seems a little temperamental if the extended warranty is worth it. Has anyone bought it and do you feel its worth the price?
2015 T@B S Max (white and black) + 2017 Chevy Colorado (white and black)  
Charlotte, NC

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I think the Norcold is an inferior unit. Temperamental and, in my opinion, unreasonably noisy compared to my experiences with Dometic. Can't wait to find a replacement unit and send this thing to the scrap heap.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    I assume you like to lay liquids down in your refrigerator.  As the Dometic in this size refrigerator, has a poor design shelving, can't stand up a gal of milk, etc

Also, 7 years with our Norcold in our motorhome with out any problems.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited November 2015
    Mine's quiet as a mouse unless the outside temps are on the warm side then the compressor fan kicks in. I can't recall hearing it for at least a month since I've been in cooler temps. It's also become background noise when it does kick in so I don't hardly notice even when it does.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I took my Norcold completely out of the cabinet at one point to try to find rattles.  I was able to quieten it considerably, but it still makes a racket when it's running.  I have sort of gotten used to it.  BTW, it's the two-way model.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    The reason for camping is to escape the sounds of the city. My Norcold is an intrusive reminder of the city. I'm looking into a 3-way portable or Dometic that might fit the opening. Or just go with a Coleman Extreme.  Every problem has a solution, as does this.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I've found nature is very noisy - noisier in some areas then others. I tend to be a night owl, nature seems to rise with first light. My fridge rarely wakes me. Nature on the other hand is a different story.
    Campgrounds can be noisy depending on the occupants. Tent campers seem to rise/shine with nature and make a fair amount of noise. Hard to escape noise. Comes down to which you notice and which you don't.