Options

Favorite Photos From Recent Trip

RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

Hope you don't mind if I share a few of my favorite photos from my recent trip to Black Hills/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2014

I love Devil's Tower, Larry.  Where did you stay there?  3 years ago I stayed in a KOA Kabin, since I encountered so much cold weather on my tent camping trip.  I loved that KOA.

And, where are the other pictures taken, please?

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Beautiful!
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I stayed at Beaver Lake Campground near Custer, SD.  Devils Tower was a day trip on the way to Yellowstone.  The Grandparents sign was taken at Wind River View Campground in Boulder, WY.  It was a late afternoon, last chance stop, and I'm sorry to say I cannot recommend it.  The YS shot was taken from the middle of the road.  I couldn't resist the shot.  The first Grand Teton shot was taken from a pull out (don't remember just where), and the last one was taken from a roadside viewing area between the park and Jackson, WY.  I took a lot of photos, and if space permitted, I'd love to share more.  And yes, Devils Tower was one of my favorite stops, it and Bear Butte near Sturgis.  Bear Butte was not spectacular scenery, but the spirituality of it was awesome.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks for sharing Larry as those are some of my favorite spots to visit.  The Black Hills area is beautiful and some very scenic drives out that way too......  I love the Grand Tetons too and always marvel at the beauty of the mountains and the lake that sits at the base of the mountains.   have been out that way many times and still long for it all!   Glad you had a wonderful time and DO post up more photos as time permits!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    I have included the photo of the back of the trailer to relate a story.  I passed this trailer on the side of the road as they were changing a tire on it (take a look at the tire to see how obliterated it is).  Not long after, I stopped at a rest area, and this trailer pulled in as well.  The gentleman asked me if I had an air tank on board, and I told him I had something better.  I had purchased a portable power supply/air compressor combination before my first trip in the hopes I never needed it.  These folks, a couple and their two grandkids, had a spare, but it was low and they were in need of some air.  I gladly pulled out the portable air compressor and aired up their tire until they could get to a station somewhere.  I took this picture from behind the wheel as I pulled out on the highway behind them.  I hope things worked out for them.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Looks like Custer State Park with the buffalo.....  I also carry a portable compressor and have fixed flats on the road via the plugs you can buy.   I had a tire going down out in South Carolina, pulled into a Walmart lot, picked up a tire repair kit, plugged the hole, aired the tire up and was back on the road in no time flat!  LOL  

Did you see any other wildlife out in Yellowstone?   I have seen wolves, eagles, elk, buffalo, etc.  I have never seen any bear out there, but did see many out in Glacier NP.  Another fav spot for me to travel to....  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options

I did see elk, buffalo and deer.  No grizz, although I talked to three people who had seen them.  As you know, it is difficult to spot and drive at the same time, especially on those crooked roads.  You definitely need a spotter.  The buffalo and French Creek are in Black Hills, still my favorite place to visit.

BTW, there is major road construction going on west of Custer on Hwy 16 to WY state line.  I would recommend avoiding that stretch if at all possible to anyone traveling the area any time soon.  Long stretches of the highway have no pavement and is very rough, and it is one lane traffic, so wait times are rather long.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Larry -- I'm glad you had a good trip and thanks for the pics!!!  I was there 2 years ago, and I LOVED it!!!

I have a portable air compressor, and I guess I need to add that to my "bag of tricks" when I take T@B out.  You are the hero that camping people long to see when they have trouble. 

When/where is your next trip?

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Well, my next scheduled long trip will be in August to Ohio and Tearstock.  Will probably stop by Knoxville, as I have a great niece scheduled to be born in July.  There may be some short trips before then, but nothing planned yet. 

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options

Nice.  Makes me wish I were on the road right now.  Will Spring ever get here?

Jana, what year is your T@B?  I notice your door handle is different from others I've seen.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    We went to Yellowstone some years ago and stopped in Cody Wyoming in July and they had a huge western parade on main street and that night there was a rodeo.  We failed to go to the rodeo and now we want to go back to see the event.  Has anyone  ever been to Cody during those events?  I need a few tips.
  • Options

I seem to remember there was a rodeo just about every night.  Apparently there are special nights as well.  Check out this web site.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map