Options

What T@B can I tow with a 2010 Subaru Forester?

lemonslemons Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Tips & Tricks
Hey, all... What T@B can I tow with a 2010 Subaru Forester (2400 limit, with 200 lb. tongue weight limit), and it's a 5 speed manual...?  I don't want it over 1500 pounds, because of the mountains in east TN...

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    My T@B S Maxx weighs approximately 1,700 lbs.  Maybe if you special ordered a T@B "stripped down" (no Alde, no refrigerator, no wet bath), you could shave off 200 lbs., but even at that, it wouldn't leave you any room for camping gear.    :-?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I've heard rumors of people towing T@bs, much less ones with electric brakes (as we have the good fortune to have in the US) with sorts of tow vehicles in the UK. I wouldn't know about that here, where different limits often apply. It must have something to do with gravitational vortices and singularity phenomena.

In any case, if one desires to be ultimately compliant, you might best look to the T@g.

I think with a savvy exterior tent/canopy setup, that might just be the ticket (versus a stripped T@b).
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Sorry, totally missed the fact that your vehicle is rated for T@b status.... I thought the tow limit was 1500 (perhaps that's the CVT? Maybe I just read too quickly and missed your numbers!)

LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I have a 2014 T@B S M@xx which I pull with a 2012 Subaru Forester with a manual transmission.   It is rated at 2400 pounds and 200 pounds tongue weight.    We haven't been to Tennessee with it yet, but have no problems pulling our T@Balong.   On hills, I just downshift to 4th gear (as an automatic transmission would downshift going up hills).    If that isn't enough power, hey……..there are three more gears below that!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    BillandElaineBillandElaine Member Posts: 19
    We tow a 2014 T@B Clam Shell with a 2011 Subaru Forester with an automatic transmission. We found that using the "manual mode" of the transmission is a big help, especially when we are pulling up a grade. It tows well in "3" or "4" at highway speeds.