Options

New Owners of a 2016 T@B-S

Rob_MRob_M Member Posts: 13
Hello, T@B Community!

My wife and I brought our 2016 T@B-S trailer home this week, and we are already thrilled with it. Pulling our trade-in, a 2008 Surveyor, to the General RV dealership in Wixom, Michigan and pulling our new T@B back home gave us a very direct towing comparison, and pulling the T@B behind my Silverado is everything we hoped it would be. I burned a quarter of a tank of gas pulling the Surveyor about forty-four miles to the dealership, and my gas gauge barely moved on the way back home. Once we arrived, I pulled straight into the driveway, instead of slowly backing our previous trailer all the way in. We unhooked and each grabbed a handle on the T@B. We were amazed how easy it was to push it into the barn! With an unseasonably mild and sunny day yesterday, we rolled the new T@B into the driveway for a good washing and applied a coat of wax. Good thing, because it snowed today!

I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions, and I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions on this forum!

All the best,
Rob

All the best,
Rob
Chelsea, Michigan
2016 T@B Max S

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    You will love it. It's a beauty, Rob. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    Hello Cyclonic and cbarnhill! Thanks for the warm welcome. We are looking forward to seeing new corners of the country with our easy-towing T@B!
    All the best,
    Rob
    Chelsea, Michigan
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Rob Welcome. A beautiful unit. Happy T@B ing
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    Thanks, John_and Kris!
    All the best,
    Rob
    Chelsea, Michigan
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very nice Rob...  We are going to pick up one at the end of March...  I'll post our pics then... This will be our first camper after 41 years camping with a tent.  Our first camping experience was when we were dating in '73.  We borrowed a two man tent and had two light weight nylon sleeping bags.  We camped in the middle of March at Devils Lake, Wi.  That weekend the weather turned bad and we experienced an ice storm.  Woke up with the tent weighted down with ice.  I started a fire and it was so cold that our shoes started to smoke because we had them so close.  People ask us now about where we will do our first camping in the new trailer.  I'm thinking the driveway the night we bring it home...  grin... 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TnMtnCmperTnMtnCmper Member Posts: 7
    Great looking unit. You will have such a good time camping and making memories to last a lifetime! Just about every question you might have has been answered on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience available here. Have some fun!
    Gordon and Ivy... 2016 T@b S-Max... East Tennessee
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Welcome!  I love hearing about everyone's "prior" camping experiences (especially the smoking shoes :) I can relate to the joy from graduating from tent camping to T@B camping.  It is so wonderful.  Have fun!  Be Safe!  Hope to see you in the future.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Hello TerryV6, TnMtnCamper, and Wanderoo! Thanks for the warm welcomes from all! We, too, started with a tent and two sleeping bags, graduated to a pop-up to get off the ground, then to a regular 19' camping trailer (which was fairly small, but still took quite a lot to tow) ... and now we are very much looking forward to camping and traveling with our T@B in tow. It pulls so easily that I think longer trips will be a breeze!
    All the best,
    Rob
    Chelsea, Michigan
    2016 T@B Max S