Options

New side screen room

Can the new PahaQue screen room fit the T@B Clamshell? The lit only refers to the LG and SS.
T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Belva, it is made for the door shape of the Little Guy Teardrop and the Silver Shadows. I would guess if enough of the T@B's and T@G's owners asked for the screenroom from Paha Que, then it might become profitable for them to think about producing one.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    On the positive side, Paha Que listens to their customers and their innovations are a result of suggestions made from the people who buy and use their products. There is hope also since Paha Que designed a zipper into their new 5 x 7 screen rooms for the new screen room for the Little Guy units. They did this so that future upgrades could be made and to allow the trailer connection to be changed out. This means that even the larger 10 x 10 screen rooms could conceivably be adapted for the T@B units as Verna alludes to above. For them to attempt this would require a movement from T@B owners or enhanced interest therein. I know Jeff Basford, president of Paha Que and he will listen and pursue such a venture if it is worthwhile and meaningful.

Only time will tell!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I talked to Mike G. last week bout the tear in the cover. We also talked about the T@B/screen room situation. He gave a suggestion about a modification he has done already for a T@B Clamshell.He wants a picture of our 12'x12' canopy set up with the T@B Clamshell. With the Clamshell, you would have to walk around the shelter to utilize the galley.
    I'll do that this afternoon. 70 degrees and sunny predictions for today. T@B is ready to hitch and go after church this afternoon.
    We've gotta have a screen room for the Clamshell. Let's hear it from you T@B Clamshelll owners! What makes a screen room work for the way you camp?
    Thanks for the push, Mike.
    Are you glad to be home?
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Belva,

Great info above, thank you! I know that Paha Que would like to resolve the screen room issue and with their recent roll-out of the 5x7 for the Little Guy units and their innovations I think they are onto something as they can adapt these tents to most units if the height is conducive. The canopy on my 10x10 XLT cotton has a rope that will fit into the Keder rail of the T@B units so I know that will work easily.

And I am in Florida right now and won't return to Michigan until late April as I leave here around April 1 and will head west out to Texas and Arizona for some exploring and to break in that new 2014 Silver Shadow! Am I excited ya think????!!!! :D
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    We'd love to hear about the Clamshell modification if anyone has specifics.

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    I sent an email on to Paha Que the manufacturer and will post any feedback I receive from them.   They have experimented with and are sewing zippers into the sidewalls of the 10x10 screen rooms (I believe) and the smaller 5x7 screen rooms and something like this (adapting it to the T@B trailer line) might be possible in the future.  

• Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    That'd be great. I know ours will have to be a little different to accommodate the clamshell, but it'd be so nice to have. Fortunately, not a whole lot of bugs in the PNW.

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    I have a clamshell and am also interested in the PahaQue screen room.
    http://www.pahaque.com/pq/product.asp?pid=86525&ret_id=1455119
    I measured the height when the clamshell is open and it's about 6'3".  It looks like the screen room awning height is 6'.  I am trying to think about a method that would allow it to be set up just over the top of the clamshell.  Any other updates from PahaQue?
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual