Options

Ops, Tore our T@B Cover

belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
edited March 2014 in Tips & Tricks
We tore our PahaQue T@B cover while covering T@B. It is a small tear. Maybe 3" at most. I'd like to repair it. Any suggestions? Got stuck on the right bottom corner. Maybe we should check our T@Bs for sharp edges. The cover is very sturdy. Surprised it ripped.
Do you think PahaQue has a repair kit?
T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited March 2014
    Belva, call Paha Que, 858-700-8368 (remember they're in California) and ask them. They are such a helpful bunch that they will have an answer for you. I love talking to Mike Greaves--he was at the Tearstock, Rolling Home at Atwood Lake in Ohio last year.

And, yes, I'd check for sharp spots near where it tore. Maybe your stabilizer feet? I'm not sure what it would be.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Oh, O-U-C-H, Verna! Perhaps a local tent repair facility could sew a reinforcing piece connecting both sides of the tear. I use those "Teflon" heat-activated patches for blue jeans, but you probably don't want to apply an iron to the cover . . .
    Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I would call Paha Que as they will not only have the answer, but might send you out some matching fabric so that if a local shop can repair it, it can be done using like materials.

As Verna noted above, the Paha Que crew of Mike Greaves and Jeff Basford are super guys and will do whatever they can to help out their customers. I camped with them out in Arizona about three years ago, along with other teardrop owners and that began a great friendship that still exists today.

Good luck and post up some photos of the tear and the repairs once they are made so others can benefit from your experience.

Thanks!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ