Options

T@b: JKJENN Edition

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
The cushion/upholstery upgrade is in! Also have the wood valances and rails, now. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Looks great!   You'll love them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Nice Jenn!  Is that cloth- looks like leather.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Freakin' Awesome, @jkjenn!
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Curious did factory re-upholstery the original cushions or did they make all new ones? 
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    That looks really nice! Your wee pup is too cute; what's his/her name?
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Rocky!!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    He's so handsome!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    SAM said:
    Nice Jenn!  Is that cloth- looks like leather.
    Yes, it's Ultra leather. 
    Curious did factory re-upholstery the original cushions or did they make all new ones? 
    I had them make new ones as the reports are they are much more comfortable. Early tests are positive. Rocky seems to approve.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    It looks great Jenn and Rocky is the best model.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    How fun! Congrats Jenn and Rocky! You missed your calling Jenn!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    VERY nice all the way around! Rocky is a great spokes-dawg as well. A natural camera model. See how he's working it? Truly a natural. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Looks great Jenn!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Aunt SueAunt Sue Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2016
    @Jkjenn do you live in it full time? I"m looking at a Jeep Renegade, I see you have a Jeep. Has it been reliable? What would be your biggest advice about living in a small trailer? So good to have a role model! 
    Cute Remodel! 
  • Options
    Aunt Sue said:
    @Jkjenn do you live in it full time? I"m looking at a Jeep Renegade, I see you have a Jeep. Has it been reliable? What would be your biggest advice about living in a small trailer? So good to have a role model! 
    Cute Remodel! 
    I am hoping to be FT on a part time basis, at least. This summer would be my first run. That could evolve into more. A lot of changes at work have happened so I am still very tentative about this summer. 

I have spent some extended trips, however, and my advice is that you probably don't need everything that you think you do.

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very nice Jenn.  I think Little Guy should pay you to be an unofficial spokesperson and fan..  I've been to your blog and there is so much there to read and enjoy.  Your photos are super also.  My wife loves the mountains.  Once she brought a rock back from the Tetons and planted it in the backyard of our last house, hoping it will grow.  Grin..... I'm afraid to drive by there in case it is starting to poke its head above ground....
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Nice, Jenn!!!  I will keep your upgrades in mind when I decide to reupholster.  :):)

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looking forward to hearing how the cushions work out on some trips.  @schizokeet and I have been thinking about switching out to the Sofitel cushions as they look great and seem to be an upgrade.

Have you slept on them without a topper?  How do they compare?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I used them this weekend and still used my Thermarest, although I did not fill the Thermarest as full as I normally did. There is a noticeable improvement. Some might be able to use it without an extra sleeping pad or memory foam and I might be able to, but I slept so well I am afraid to tinker with it. Sitting is much more comfortable, too. Maybe I will try a backyard compost without the Thermarest. It would be one less thing to have to pack.

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    That is my thinking too.  Wondering if they are comfortable enough to do away with the heavy, awkward memory foam topper (which I can recycle on the guest bed at home).

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cyclonic said:
    That is my thinking too.  Wondering if they are comfortable enough to do away with the heavy, awkward memory foam topper (which I can recycle on the guest bed at home).

I am a little like the Princess and the Pea so I might not be the best judge. But I slept like a baby, as did Rocky.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Niiiice!   One of a kind and really looks sweet!  Congratulations!   I had my valances done in wood too and absolutely love them.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Do you know, If I purchased fabric, would the folks at the factory upholster the cushions with it or am I stuck with the 4 options offered?
    I don't like any of the color schemes offered :s aaaaand I don't sew.....at all........everrrr.
    When we order out t@b, I'm anticipating waiting on deliver for at least 6 months; whats another few weeks if they can make cushions in a color I like, right?

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited May 2016
    Irish - If you are ordering your T@B you can actually send them the fabric you want - If you search the forum you might find a couple threads where ithers have done that.

By the way - I replaced the original foam last summer - The original was a little too soft, did not hold up to being sat on alot while doing my marathon photo editing sessions. Replaced with firmer and it's been great. Just right for my sleeping comfort also. - The factory has since started using a differen foam from what mine came from.
  • Options
    Nice! We will most likely be ordering it since options to purchase off the lot are few and far between in my neck of the woods. I searched but did not come across anything; I'll continue to look. Thanks.

• Options
    Irish - The factory is pretty accommodating - I believe you can also send then paint numbers for a custom paint job (don't know if there's an extra charge or not though) - You work all that out with whatever dealer you end up ordering thru.
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
  • Options
    TinMTTinMT Member Posts: 10
    OMDog how cute is that! Rocky's out there on the prairie with a herd of bison. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!
  • Options
    Another rookie question: do the seat/back cushions have zippers so I can remove to wash them? 

• Options
    No - The seat and back are traditional type upolstry. Lots and lots of staples if you want to get the fabric off.