Options

Electrical outlets

Our old pop up had electrical outlets outside, which was nice for outside lights and a coffee pot in a table.  Tab doesn't have outlets that I can see. Suggestions? 

Comments

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Newer ones do have outside outlets, below the passenger (door) side windows. (I think that's on all, not just higher trim levels, but didn't check on the website.) I also recall a mod described somewhere, probably here on this forum, of someone adding them to their older T@b.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    JengmarkJengmark Member Posts: 9
    We just bought a 2014, so I Dk 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Gerry - Ya, there's been a couple that have added them to their T@Bs
    Jengmark - Search (upper right) for "Outlet" and you can probably find that mod. Didn't look too difficult to pull off.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Outside electrical outlets were an option on 2014's, becoming standad equipment on 2015's. I had mine installed last year at Tearstock. 

There is a specific place they are intended to be installed, plus it needs to be installed from the GFI outlet on the front of the driver's side bench. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You could install it in the same spot on the current T@B trailers and I've seen the exterior grade receptacle available online.  And as Verna noted, the factory could also do it for you if you are ever down in Sugarcreek.  You can schedule a repair or upgrade in advance but need to call them or use their online repair request and they will work with you.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited April 2016
    Also, any RV dealership should be able to install the outlet.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited April 2016
    This is the one I was referring to, or something along these lines.  This one is available on Amazon but is a little pricey, but does accommodate a GFCI outlet.  The double receptacle without the GFCI is much cheaper and accomplishes the same thing, but is minus the ground fault capability.     

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ