Options

Aquia Pines Camp Resort, Aquia, VA

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited April 2016 in Camping & Travel
We decided on the spur of the moment to take a quick little camping trip this weekend and went to Aquia Pines, which is the only campground in the nation to have its own brewery onsite, Wild Run Brewery, and they are very good to boot.

We had a very nice day and evening hanging around the campground, enjoying a few pints and a tasting, and enjoying a nice dinner cooked over the fire. We ended the evening with other campers at the community fire.

Below is the review of the campground I did:

The campground itself is an older campground, mostly tight and wooded, very hilly and can be difficult to maneuver around, with gravel roads and pads. There is an open area for larger RV's. Some seasonals, all were well kept. Site was fairly level, but others were way off and people had to use a lot of blocks to level. We wanted just a W/E site, but the water was not yet turned on for the season (the campground is open year round) so were put on a full hookup site that had water for the same price. Bathrooms were dated, in need of a fresh coat of paint, but were very clean, which is what matters most to me. WiFi was excellent at our site. Nice size playground, pavilion and pool, though the later was closed. The campground sits between Route 1 and I-95, so lots of road noise, especially in the back closer to I-95 (and that is with a sound barrier there). We were toward the front of the campground and it was not too bad. Very friendly staff and owner. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We are not familiar with all the myriad of camp grounds available but it would be helpful if a State was listed where it is located ..would save time for the lazy like us to open another tab and search. Looks like a great site thanks for the review and pics

John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    We are not familiar with all the myriad of camp grounds available but it would be helpful if a State was listed where it is located ..would save time for the lazy like us to open another tab and search. Looks like a great site thanks for the review and pics

Good idea, done.

I am going to try and add the campgrounds and reviews that I do here as separate threads, which I think will make searching a bit easier then sifting through one long thread.  That, and I like to write more of a narrative.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited April 2016
    If one follows the format over there ... State - Location ... One can search on a state easily (CA -) (the - is important) and not much else other than those listings will show. Not many other posts would have letters & dash ... Don't have to scroll through the whole list. And you can still add a narrative.
    The reason I started that thread was because I could never refind the individual posts - Ever :-)
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Thanks love looking at suggestions and then planning trips, Will be out of commission for the summer getting a totals knee replaced then in Dec a new hip but in between Sept Oct Nov  have reservations at Hunting Island State park in SC in the handicap spot righ on beach with dump site and all concrete John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God