Air bubble in water line........

I've been gradually de-winterizing my T@B for its first camping trip of the season including using the bleach solution to clear out the antifreeze from the fresh water tank and water lines.   Today, my last task was to sweeten the water tank and lines with an apple cider mixture.   It took 6-8 tries to fill the water tank due to air bubbles, which I could hear working their way out of the system after the water filler would back up and overflow.    Eventually, the tank did fill and I let the mixture set for a while.   Then I drained it by running the faucets as well the drain on the tank.  After the tank was empty, I tried to add more water and I ran into the air bubble problem again............leading to premature overflow of the water fill-in.  So, is there an easy way to remove these air bubbles from the system?
2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
States Visited Map

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    edited May 2016
    I've experienced the same issue. It occurs when the tank's vent line is blocked--either from being pinched or from getting filled with water.

The vent is clear plastic tubing running from the front of the tank up to the little hole just above the filler inlet. It's clearly visible under the trailer--inspect it to make sure it's not kinked or pinched where it bends around the frame.

If the line is free but filled with water, you can blow it out from the hole above the filler. You can use an air compressor if you want to be fancy, but a few hard breaths through a carefully positioned piece of rubber tubing work just as well.

Expect the problem to resurface periodically--the vent is pretty rudimentary and is prone to getting water in it when the tank is being filled.
    2015 T@B S
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Great information as I have been dealing with the same problem, I have not been able to get the pump to draw any water.

I checked the air inlet this morning, and while, yes, there is a hole above my water inlet just as described, it looks like an air inlet hose was never installed.  There is no hose connected there or in the top of the tank as there should be.

For good or for bad I decided to try drilling a quarter inch hole in the top of the tank, and still no luck with drawing water.

At this point I am really starting to think it could be the pump itself.

I have cleaned and checked the filter, run the pump with all faucets open (there are only two, the outside shower and sink), and even disconnected the out going line from the pump, and still no water.  Not really sure what else to try.  Any suggestions before I go about pulling the pump itself out?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA