Options

Quickie fridge upgrades - Int. Light & Door reversal

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
edited June 2016 in Modifications & Upgrades
I am so used to opening the fridge at home and having the light come on. I found this nice little LED light at Home Depot and installed in in my fridge. Touch the capacitance sensor and it comes on, touch it again and it goes off. All the comforts of home.

Instead of the sticky pads that it came with, I used Command picture hanging strips.

It comes in 12" also, in case someone needs a light elsewhere in their T@B that doesn't use the house battery.
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice touch!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Connor2008Connor2008 Member Posts: 12
    Very nice. 
    Dan & Nancy   Vermont   Orange/Silver 2013 S--Dre@msicle--TV 2013 Tacoma 4x4. 
    Nights spent in T@b
    D   6
    N   6
  • Options
    I also reversed the hinge on the fridge so the door opens from right to left. It is now completely accessible from outside the trailer, where we'll be cooking 99% of the time, and is still accessible from inside for those cold drinks in the evening.  Literally a 3 minute job including getting my tool bag out of the car, and the installation manual has instructions.

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Photomom said:
    I also reversed the hinge on the fridge so the door opens from right to left. It is now completely accessible from outside the trailer, where we'll be cooking 99% of the time, and is still accessible from inside for those cold drinks in the evening.  Literally a 3 minute job including getting my tool bag out of the car, and the installation manual has instructions.

This is on my list.  I am glad to hear it was so easy.  Thanks for posting.

Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    You will find the travel pin is a little less accessible if you have fat fingers but easy to get if you open the fridge door a bit.