Options

Are there any technical diagrams for the various T@B models?

twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198

As I navigate my way through the various functions and features of my T@B, I often think it would be super to have a technical diagram that shows me where everything important is located.  I just learned in another post that the fresh water tank has a drain for winterizing, but I don't know where it is.  Similarly, I'm not sure what other drains and tanks I should pay attention to for maintenance and winterizing/dewinterizing.  I think about the diagrams computer manufacturers provide in user manuals to show people where RAM goes, the microphone, the USB ports, etc. (see attached example).  Is there such a thing for the T@B and I just missed it?

Beth
Minnesota
Practicing to be a wanderer
2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Beth...I agree with you! However, I've learned one thing that complicates your idea...that LG doesn't do "model years". For example, when we ordered ours in early February, we, and the dealer, thought it'd arrive in late May as a 2014 without the 2015 upgrades (which the dealer wasn't even aware were coming). The dealer checked and Tada! (pun intended), we were getting all the new features. So this desire to give customers new features, upgrades, and changes as they arrive... means any tech manuals would starting looking like Microsoft software versions (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.25, etc.). When we firsst got ours I was thinking they (or we users) should produce a changeable PowerPoint package for each aspect of the T@B's, but I'm afraid that would suffer the same change management problem. The good news is you have this forum to lean on...and that drain you refer to is a plastic stop-cock on the very front left of the trailer (outside, underneath). It doesn't quite drain 100% (look inside and you'll see it's an inch or so off the bottom), but someone suggested leaving it open while you drive and it'll slosh 90% out of the tank.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    I see your point.  Each trailer is potentially a custom build.  It's great that LG just adds features as they become available.  Thanks for the direction on the drain.  I'm an information junkie and feel most comfortable with a detailed user manual, but I'll adapt!  I'll keep asking questions and know that the forum will provide.  :)  
    Beth
    Minnesota
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

DurangoTab, your pretty much nailed it.  There are owner's manuals included (usually) for all the appliances and electronics, but nothing covering each T@B, for the reasons you listed so well.

My 2013 T@B has an Axle-Tech axle with surge brakes that I have no manual for and have not heard of another trailer with the same axle, so I'm just sort of winging it.  Hoping to find some answers on its operation at Tearstock.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    The Yahoo forum has CAD models in the "files".  Not specific for LG T@Bs, but may help in some areas.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Is there a link to the Yahoo forum?
    Beth
    Minnesota
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2014
    Hi Beth - I am not a fan of the Yahoo format but it can be found at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo then search tabtrailers. I had to be accepted into the group which took two tries and much longer than it should have. (Gotta keep out the riffraff I guess) I haven't looked in the files for these drawings yet but I will soon as I'm trying to build shelves into our closet. I'll have to confirm the measurements in the trailer too, but it's just been too hot to go in there. Hope you find what you need. (Added: I've been going through the Yahoo files, there's a lot of great info there but not necessarily all in one file).

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.