Options

Need installation instructions for replacing outside television on CS-S

I learned a lesson while camping. Don't put anything on the shelf in front of the outside television on a CS-S!  I had placed a fan there and when I closed the clamshell it broke the television screen. Sigh.

So I found a good deal on a replacement Jenson 19" TV just like the original model. If anyone has replaced their television, I'd love some guidance about how to remove the old one. I'm sure I can figure out the wiring and connections, but I'm not sure how to remove it from the mounts. Looks like access back there is limited.  Thanks.
Gainesville, FL

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2016
    I can only speak about two different models I installed in my teardrop.  There should be screws going through the mount into the rear of the TV.  My mount was an articulating mount, and I have never checked the CS-S TV in the galley out.

Just remember that the factory workers had to have installed it and there has to be a way to unscrew it. 

And be sure to watch where you put delicate wine glasses in the galley.....they shatter into thousands of pieces.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I had to swap out televisions under warranty. It is very easy. There are four screws holding the tv in the mount that need to be removed. That was about is as I recall. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.