Options

Rear shelf stuck.

AceAce Member Posts: 23
new max s with the rear shelf on hinge that  cannot be lifted open. Wood edge raise a 1/2 inch in the center but is tight towards the sides. Any thoughts on getting it open? I guess the remove the screws that connect it to the hinge but putting those back look nasty.

Comments

• Options
    AceAce Member Posts: 23
    Update, removed the screws and shelf opens freely. Another dealer issue. I think this may of been the first Tab they sold, nothing about the Tab or systems.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Don't feel bad - My dealer helped me hook up and waved goodbye. A number of dealers are like that unfortunately.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    There are a few oopsies with my rear shelf too. I noticed that there were "extra" holes where the hinges are, looks like the original pilot holes were about 1/8" off. And the vertical panel on the driver's side is missing the lower screw. From the looks of it the hinged shelf is just a smidge too long and was probably rubbing on that screw, so they removed it. Looks like they were still working out the mechanics of that area when they built my trailer. 

I will someday saw my hinged shelf into 3 parts to match the braces in the storage area so that the entire thing doesn't have to be raised to access the area and will correct the length issue at that time.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York