Options

Lower keder rail in 2009 T@B?

Hi there! We just bought a new-to-us 2009 T@B in gorgeous shape. We are going through it and making sure that we know how to operate everything and set it up. It came with a thermarest tent room that we are scratching our heads about. There are no videos out for the thermarest setup that I have found on the internet. Anyway, the instructions call for sliding zippers into the lower keder rails. Our trailer does not have lower rails. Or at least nothing that looks like the top rail. Does this ring a bell with anyone who has an older T@B? Were keder rails an option? And does anyone out there have experience setting up those tents? One of the poles is broken- but we have a temporary fix on it- but the tension to put the poles in grommet to grommet seems incredible. Feels like we have one too many pole lengths. Which is impossible as they are factory bungee corded.

Appreciate any help, and thanks- Marianne

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Is yours a Clamshell? The Dutchman Clamshells do not have a lower keder rail. Also the axle location is different in the clamshells and the skirt part does not fit exactly.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    RunningChickenRunningChicken Member Posts: 9
    Yes, it is a clamshell. I find now the previous owners just leant their icechest against the bottom. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes, there's a huge amount of tension on those poles, and I can't imagine a repaired section being able to withstand it. See if you can find a replacement section. There are companies online that make/sell various types and diameters of fiberglass rod stock. Google might help.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya