Options

Always have to request password reset

Every time I want to sign into the forum I have to request a password reset, it's been going on from the get go.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Pat
Life is Good

Comments

• Options
    CodeJunkieCodeJunkie Member Posts: 50
    I get that once in awhile too. I simply close out of the forum and go to the golittleguy website to open the T@B forum again. It usually lets me sign in then. Kind of a inconvenience, but it works and doesn't happen often.
    Debbie

2014 T@B S M@xx with wetbath, aka PopT@B, silver with black trim, TV 2002 Chevy Avalanche

"Take only pictures, leave only footprints."
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Try cleaning out your cookies from your computer and the history on your browser and see if that makes any difference.   No one else is having the same issue so it's related to your computer.  If you are using a MAC and Safari, try using Firefox or Chrome and see if things change as the Vanilla hosted forum platform does not like MAC for whatever reason.  

Please let us know if things change after you do the above.

Thanks!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    OneOleManOneOleMan Member Posts: 10

Mike, I think the problem is finally solved.  So far as cleaning the history and cookies I’d been doing that daily for several months and it didn’t help.  What I finally did was open the link e-mailed to me regarding a conversation, hit the “Home” button then saved that Home link to my Favorites.  Yep, it appears I may have had a bad link to the T@B Forum.

Pat
    Life is Good
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mike - I can attest to the fact it doesn't like Safari/Mac - Login works sometimes not others so on the Mac I use Chrome. What's weird is that Safari on my iPad and iPhone work just fine. So, it seems it just affects desktop Safari for some reason.
  • Options
    Walloe - Try Chrome on your Mac - I've never managed to keep signed in with Safari Mac. Safari has some great "do not track" & "privacy controls". I'm betting one of those is screwing it up. As I mentioned above, Safari on my iPad and iPhone work just fine. These forums are the only thing I use Chrome for.
  • Options
    The Vanilla software and server do not like MAC and Apple products....  Try Chrome or Firefox and see if that changes things for you.  
  • Options
    Mike...Vanilla does just fine on Apple's iPad & iPhone versions of Safari, it's "just" the Mac. I'm logged in and browsing via my iPad at the moment. Use Chrome on the Mac.
  • Options
    Cool!   :D
  • Options
    Mike - I think it has to do with Safari (Mac) security settings but I haven't wanted to mess with mine so I just use Chrome when I'm visiting from my Mac
  • Options
    Walloe - Chrome is a Google product - Pretty stable, hasn't given me any issues - I just let it run in the background and have the icon in the dock and click that when visiting the forum, no fuss, no muss.