Towing angle

LindyLindy Member Posts: 4
So my wife and I purchased a 2015 T@B CSS. Love it. When I picked it up from the dealership I had a standard 2" ball hitch. The service guy said i should look at getting a drop hitch to level out the towing. It was a little raised int he front but nothing crazy. I got a drop hitch that leveled the trailer perfectly parallel to the ground. Problem now is that the Grey water dump valve cap scraps the ground even on gentle curbs into gas stations etc. It actually is not missing after our return home. Is there a remedy for this? I choose my access to gas stations etc pretty carefully and take them very slow. And the spare tire location in the back is going to be moved as well as the clearance there is pretty short.

Also just as a heads up on another item, I did talk to Little Guy as we lost our screw cap rail rubber gasket or whatever you want to call it. They have a new product out for that, that doesn't expand in the heat and pop out of the track. Hopefully the dealership will replace ours with this new stuff.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Comments

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I tow the T@Bpole as close to a 0° angle as I can.  I also have had issues with the spare tire placement, which is why mine now travels on the roof of my tow vehicle.  I have never heard of a problem with the gray water outlet, which is tucked pretty tight up under the frame, and fairly far back on the tongue.  Is yours maybe lower then it should be for some reason?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • andyheandyhe Member Posts: 20
    I swapped the stock wheel with one that swings up out of the way.  The wheel tucks right in front of the grey water outlet when it swings up.  Have attached a picture of the result.  That should give me a bit more clearance for towing angle when going over bumps.
  • MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    andyhe said:
    I swapped the stock wheel with one that swings up out of the way.  The wheel tucks right in front of the grey water outlet when it swings up.  Have attached a picture of the result.  That should give me a bit more clearance for towing angle when going over bumps.
    Can you please advise where you purchased the swing up Dolly Wheel?
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ETrailer.com has a good selection of trailer jacks and a nearby RV store or possibly a nearby auto parts store might have what you are looking for. 

Tongue Jacks
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Hmmm. 

Anyone know how to delete a Comment you didn't intend, on this forum? 8-/
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Ask, and it disappears!!!! I'm not sure if you can delete it. Click at the upper right of your message. If a gear appears, click on it and select "delete", then look for the confirmation box, and click on "okay". If you don't get the gear, then I guess we Admins have to delete for you, which is no problem.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Thanks Verna.

The gear appears, but only "Edit" shows when I mouseover the gear, no "Delete".

I've read that VanillaForums makes it optional for the sysops to allow us common users to delete posts. B-)

(I appreciate your efforts!)

--
    Chan

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
    Chan-
    choose "edit", then select by highlighting, and then delete the text. Would that work?
    Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)
    edited November 2014
    Well, that leaves an "empty" post.... 
    Kind of boring, like an empty wine glass.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    The admin and moderators can delete a post, so send me a message, tell me which post you'd like deleted and we can make it happen. 

It's true that Vanilla does have an option for members to delete posts, but the issue there is that if this functionality is activated it allows a user to delete others posts as well. 
    Thanks Mike, Verna took care of it.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
         Regarding the trailer wheel.  Check out Jack-e-up.  Google it.  I installed this on my trailer and it is great.  It allows the removal of the entire pole,turning handle, and wheel assembly once T@B is secured to Tow Veh.  Great for access to rear of TV with no obstructions while opening swing door of SUV.  Cost   $60.00 Amazon.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    deputydog said:

Regarding the trailer wheel.  Check out Jack-e-up.  Google it.  I installed this on my trailer and it is great.  It allows the removal of the entire pole,turning handle, and wheel assembly once T@B is secured to Tow Veh.  Great for access to rear of TV with no obstructions while opening swing door of SUV.  Cost   $60.00 Amazon.

Will this work on tongue with surge brakes?
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
    edited November 2014
    No, the Jack-E-Up won't work with surge brakes (Little Guy's surge brakes - don't know about earlier Tabs) 

The surge brake cylinder and hose get in the way....
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    The Jack E up is at camping world now and in the store was only 40 bucks. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    That's where I got my Jack E Up (Camping World) - Works like a champ.
    Looks like a pretty slick set-up and eliminates all the grating issues or bent jacks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1M-t2eqxM&feature=player_detailpage#t=75