Options

Battery disconnect come with 2016 T@B?

Hi all, first of all I did search and didn't find an answer to this so please bear with me.

I am picking up my 2016 T@B Outback this week and gave the dealer the checklist of things to look at before I pick it up. One thing I asked is if they would install a battery with a disconnect. They informed me that the battery with the disconnect didn't come with this trailer. I was under the impression the battery with disconnect did come with the 2016 models. The dealer says I'd have to pay extra for it. Is there someone I can contact at the factory? I am not clear how to research this with the recent split between Pleasant Valley and Little Guy. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2017
    The two entities haven't switched as yet as their contract runs through April 2017.  Call Little Guy World Wide and speak to Dylan as he might be able to assist you with this and can look at your order via their kiosk.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    It depends on when it was built. Ours was built in March 2016 and has the battery cutoff switch, digital Alde control panel, and Seelevel battery/tank monitor.  Our trailer was shipped with the cutoff switch inside the trailer with the propane tank cover, our dealer installed it when he installed the battery.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Mine is also a 2016 S MAX, and came with the battery shut-off switch, and all the things Photomom described as well. I would follow Mike's suggestion and call.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    FloridalohaFloridaloha Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the comments! I spoke with Anthony at Little Guy and he confirmed that they started including the battery disconnect switches in models built in mid 2016. I put a deposit on my Outback in June of 2016 so it was bought around that date, but it might have been made before (it was a floor model). Anthony gave me Elsie's name at the factory. He thinks they can hook me up with the part at least. The dealer called me this morning and informed me they had already installed the battery disconnect and would be charging me for it. I was not happy, since I had told my salesman to wait to do anything until I heard back from the factory about the switch. I was happy with how helpful Anthony at Little Guy was. I went to the dealer this afternoon and they agreed it was their problem and threw in the battery switch and labor. But I think they might roll some of the labor into the cost for installing the brake controller and wiring. We'll see!