Options

Honda Generator - T@B Max S Question?

KathKath Member Posts: 8
OK. . . first off, greetings from the Canadian border in the extreme NW corner of Montana. I'm Kath and I've been on this forum for a short time. Just got back from a 2500 mile round trip to Colorado where I bought my first T@B. 2015 M@X S.

WOW! This thing is INCREDIBLE!

I have rented 3 big Class C motorhomes, owned a Lazy Daze - Class C and a RoadTrek - Class B. All the rentals and the RoadTrek had gensets that were built into the rigs. This T@B has a custom cabinet built to schlepp a Honda 2000 - but one did NOT come with the rig. I have experience with this type of Honda - had to use one for power to run my Monitor heater in Mt Shasta, CA - during winter power outages.

BUT. . . I AM CLUELESS about running one on this trailer.

I will buy one of the Hondas for this rig. . . if I can figure out what to do with it.

My travels will be during late fall through early spring and I will probably never run the AC.

Do I just run the generator and plug the trailer into it?

Or does it need to be wired into the trailer battery some way?

If I run it and plug the trailer into it, will the generator charge the trailer battery?

I have no real frame of reference regarding this. Never had to think about it in the rental rigs and the RoadTrek, since I just flipped the switch and away the generator went.

I am SO sorry to sound so lame.

SHEESH!

Any help all ya'lls can give me would be flat out amazing.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!

2015 T@B M@X S. . . he, she will name itself on the next trip. . .

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Don't have a clue what cabinet you're referring to - you mention custom. Where is this? Can't imagine any space big enough to handle a generator so curious.
    I have a Honda 2000 and carry it in the back of my TV.
    As far as operation, yes, you plug the 30amp T@B cord into the gen and T@B and it will run the AC outlets as well as charge the T@B battery thru the builtin converter. You may need an adapter plug for the cable depending on which gen you buy.
  • Options
    KathKath Member Posts: 8
    The seller had the trailer built to his specs - it has the OUTBACK front bumper/platform thing near the tongue and he had a diamond plate box built on there to house his HONDA 2000. I will buy another Honda 2000. Get this. . . I  just sold my Honda 2000 last summer. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? I guess I didn't foresee needing such a thing.

Thanks for the info on running the generator. . . that sounds simple.

I should further explain, the diamond plate box that the 2000 fits in is just for schlepping it. . . you have to take the generator out to use it.
    KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!

2015 T@B M@X S. . . he, she will name itself on the next trip. . .