Options

Tearstock 2014 was great

tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
edited March 2015 in Camping & Travel
It was our first time at Tearstock. Was great to be warmly welcomed by everyone. What a great group. Love our Tab and commend Little Guy for great service.  We were at lot 1208 and were surrounded by freindly campers.
Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2014
    I agree, as it was an enthusiastic crowd, people had a lot of fun and participated in the planned events.  The first night's dinner BBQ hosted by Little Guy was tasty, the wine tasting party was a fun event, as was the movie and Little Guy was very generous in handing out gifts.  I also agree with a previous posting that a wine tasting event the first night would have brought people together and allowed folks to meet one another and loosen folks up a bit.   It's like anything else and is a natural tendency as people are always a bit reserved or shy and they also get into their little groups and miss meeting others.  This was also the case at the first event last year.  

And we all share one commonality whether you own a T@B or Little Guy, as we are teardrop trailer owners.  I met so many fun people this year and it was nice to hear the travel/experience stories from so many and it was if we'd been old friends as people were open, warm and hospitable.  That trait was also evident out west at the western gathering at McCall.  This is why I love traveling and meeting people who share the love of nature and the great outdoors.   As with any fun gathering the days passed by quickly and the rally was over before I knew it and it was time to pack up my gear and head back home with new memories, new friendships made and with many great photographs taken.   

And although this year's rally had more attendees than last, I was personally disappointed by the empty campsites that had been reserved and held for people because there were others at the rally who were forced to camp in remote sites in the Atwood Lake Campground and who would have preferred to camp in the event area.   The reservation system will undoubtedly be looked at and revised at future events so that people can reserve a site and pay for it in advance.  And although Little Guy officials never complained about it I'm sure it had to be on their minds as they had to assemble all of the event bags and were the ones left holding them afterwards....  None the less I think everyone had fun and it will be interesting seeing the new facility when it opens sometime (this is projected) before Christmas 2014.  

Thanks to those who participated and attended this year's rally!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I would be a ok about prepaying for the site, if it meant a solid head cou t. I am curious... any way of getting (buying) any additional tearstock tees? I got one, but I did not get one for my son who attended (I offered him mine, but he wouldn't take it). I'd like to remedy that.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Check the teardrop store at the top of the page. They did sell last year's in the store.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It's in the store--I just checked.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
    we were first timerss at the event. We have used out tab for over a year now and love it. It was great meeting everyone. We stayed at 1208 and were greeted by our fellow campers as soon as we pulled in.  What a great bunch.  Hope to attend many more events.  Tom & Patty.
    Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio
  • Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    I agree, and what a bonus to have LG techs install interior and exterior LED lights on my 2008 model, not to mention the electrical outlet tucked in the cabinet under the stove for the microwave!
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L