Options

It just works!

Well, I know that the mods have warned several times that though reading the forums is very helpful to newbies and people with problems, it can also give a false impression about how frequently those problems happen.

For a little background, we got our T@b in May of 2015 in Phoenix AZ.  We camped all summer lots of weekends and took her on a vacation to SoCal in October. Because of work location changes we moved to the Dallas area in February, and have had the T@b in storage since then. We didn't winterize. We didn't have a battery tender. We didn't have a battery cut off switch. It was just parked, outdoors, with no cover, with everything shut down that we could.

Well, we picked her up this morning, towed her with the Jeep to a park about 30 miles away, hooked her up to water and shore power here, and bam! We are cozy, with functioning air conditioning (especially after we remembered to run the auxiliary fan for the fridge that Pleasant Valley so kindly sent us under warranty last summer) camping next to a gorgeous Texas lake.

T@bs really are simple and fun and reliable. Really and truly.
2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, overall, they just work. Not to say there aren't glitches that show up now or then. Am coming up on two full-time years and it's been remarkable how reliable it's been and how few problems it's presented.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    bgualtieri, I'm always glad to hear a good story here. Seems a lot of times all we hear are the problems folks are having and not how much fun they are having on the flip side. Thanks for the positive input!
    Pxl, you always have a good positive attitude for the T@Bs.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Maybe those of us who can figure stuff out get the T@bs that need fiddling.  And those of us who lack the MacGyver gene - like us - get the ones that totally plug and play.  It's a T@B thing.  
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I had a few minor things that needed replacing - nothing that really affected my camping. Things like a goofy light switch that worked on it's own schedule, etc. I just made a list and two weeks before my warranty was up called Ed. He shipped me the parts that week - all were easy to replace - and I was good to go.
    Unlike my brother with an rPod where it took him over a month to get a faulty leveling jack replaced. And then they'd only allow a dealer to replace it so he had to schedule a service call and drive 150 miles.