Options

Advice for potential buyer?

I have a T@G and love it but I want something a little bigger and with a few more indoor conveniences.  (I am in my upper 60's and travel with 2 dogs).  I love the coziness of my T@G but after several trips where weather has been bad I get a little restless after many hours inside.  I do have the 5 x 7 tent but that is not very warm when it is snowing.  I want the inside bathroom and galley  -- Max S.  
Janet
2017 T@B Outback
TV 2012 Nissan Frontier
Tehachapi, CA

Comments

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I love mine, Janet. It has all the conveniences. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, Max-S ... Couldn't be happier with mine and having been thru days on days of rain the inside galley and bathroom have been a must.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Very happy with my Outback.  Only problem is my Alde won't work at altitudes above 7,000 feet.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    My advice is do it! We love ours. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Get the T@B Max S. Our very first camping trip was three days of rain and it was still really fun! I am late 60's and my husband is early 70's. We have two dachshunds and we were all cozy and comfortable.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I agree. I "up-sized" to a T@B Max S from a silver shadow with 5x7 tent for the same reasons you describe @JanetED.  Nothing like being able to sit comfortably or stand at the kitchen counter, through a rain storm (instead of flat on your back waiting it out). Nothing like being able to stand to change clothes (instead of rolling around on your back). Nothing like being able to make morning coffee while still in Jammie's inside. Nothing like having the potty right there.  Oh, yeah, AND a shower.  I was nervous about towing a bigger camper, but if you can handle your T@G, you will be fine with the T@B.  I have NO regrets. I am glad I started with the SS though as I had never owned or towed any kind of camper prior, and it was a good "warm-up".
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    DenvertabberDenvertabber Member Posts: 2
    Hi Janet,
    i just listed a 2015 Max S. I'd be happy to talk with you about my experience including towing it if you want to chat. I love mine, but need something bigger.  
  • Options
    JanetEDJanetED Member Posts: 12
    I am glad I started with the SS though as I had never owned or towed any kind of camper prior, and it was a good "warm-up".
    Thanks, that's the reason that I started with my T@G.  I think I was afraid of towing.  I love the T@G but sometimes I just need something a little bigger and with a few more conveniences.  I went to the large RV show in the Los Angeles area this weekend.  I didn't see anything I liked as well as the T@B.
    Janet
    2017 T@B Outback
    TV 2012 Nissan Frontier
    Tehachapi, CA
  • Options
    JanetEDJanetED Member Posts: 12
    Hi Janet,
    i just listed a 2015 Max S. I'd be happy to talk with you about my experience including towing it if you want to chat. I love mine, but need something bigger.  
    Are you a solo camper?  What you say about your T@B is the way I feel about my T@G.  I don't think I know how to "chat".

Janet
    2017 T@B Outback
    TV 2012 Nissan Frontier
    Tehachapi, CA
  • Options
    DenvertabberDenvertabber Member Posts: 2
    Hi Janet,
    I sold my Tab today. Love the little camper and learned a lot. Time for an upgrade!  Good luck and go for it. 
    Best Regards,
    Karen
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    It sounds like you know what you want, I would suggest getting out there and checking some out if you can, to really see if it what you are looking for.

BTW, I would love a T@G as a second trailer for camping alone.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA