Options

alde heater noise

is the alde heater supposed to be very loud. No way to use it at night as it makes so much vibration noise loud on the outside also.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What noise exactly are you experiencing? There's two kinds that have been discussed in other threads - A gurgling from the fluid as it passes thru the overflow tank and a roaring noise.
    1 - Can usually be toned down by adjust the flow of the pump
    2 - Usually only occures when camping at higher altitudes 8k or higher. No real fix for this yet.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    See "Alde Freight Train" thread for more info.  Many of us can't use our Alde at higher elevations because of the loud noise coming from the air intake/exhaust hoses.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    is the alde heater supposed to be very loud. No way to use it at night as it makes so much vibration noise loud on the outside also.
    Something else I'd do is pull the outside plastic cover on the Alde vent from the side of the trailer and check to see if you have any insects that have built a nest inside that area.  I noticed a rumble in mine earlier in the spring of this year and that was suggested by the factory as mud wasps often find there way in this area.  I have since installed a screen across the openings of my Alde and hope that this ends that threat.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Trailsnail - what altitude did you experience the loud noise?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.